Vehicle Fleet Controller
Monday to Friday 8-5, 40 hours
• Purchasing all companies wheeled assets including; HGV's, LGV's vans, cars, trailers and forklift trucks. Including
any modifications or accessories to company specification.
• Ensure all wheeled assets are serviced/maintained as per manufacturer's guidelines, in the most cost-effective
• Ensure all wheeled assets are kept within MOT at all times and appropriate scheduling and records are kept.
• Ensure all the companies lifting equipment, including Hiab's, forklifts, chains & slings etc. are within appropriate test,
serviced / repaired as required and records are kept.
• Manage the company's fuel card suppliers.
• Manage the TomTom Web fleet account including overseeing the removal & reinstallation of vehicle units, updating
of navigation devices & repairs as required.
• Carry out Tachograph analysis including downloading VU's & Driver cards then uploading data & analogue charts to
the online system.
• Operator's licence experience and compliance
• Carrying out driver infringement reports/debriefs & identifying any shortfall in training.
• Ensuring the rules on drivers' hours and tachographs are observed & proper records are kept.
• Ensuring Vehicles and trailers are not overloaded.
• Making sure Vehicles operate within speed limits.
• Verifying Vehicles and trailers, including hired vehicles and trailers, are kept in a fit and serviceable condition.
• Ensuring Drivers report promptly any defects or symptoms of defects that could prevent the safe operation of
vehicles and/or trailers, and that any defects are recorded in writing.
• Ensuring Records are kept (for 15 months) of all driver reports which record defects, all safety inspections, routine
maintenance and repairs to vehicles.
• In respect of each operating centre specified, that the number of vehicles and the number of trailers kept there will
not exceed the maximum numbers authorised at each operating centre (which will be noted on the licence).
• An unauthorised operating centre is not used in any traffic area.
• Liaise with insurers in regard to accident repairs & claims handling through to completion.
• Negotiating with repairers & agents to secure best possible terms.
• Following up repairs & raising purchase orders in line with company procedures.
• Ensure all companies' pressure vessels are within appropriate test, required scheduling and records are kept.
• Disposal of the companies wheeled assets with best commercial outcome.
• GCSEs High school or equivalent;
• Administration/Office Work or experience;
• Competent with IT and computer packages especially Microsoft Excel & Word;
• Transport controller experience (Desirable - Training to be given).
Customer service skills;
• Confident in dealing with people on the phone and in person;
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
• Good communication skills and the ability to connect naturally with people;
• Ability to ensure the work gets done in a timely and effective manner;
• Ability to follow Company policy and procedures;
• Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction;