Role: User Researcher
Rate: £500-550 (Inside IR35)
Clearance Required: Current SC Clearance is preferable but if not, candidates must be eligible and willing to undergo SC.
A User Research Lead is an expert practitioner who works with teams to ensure they have high-quality and valuable insight into user needs and experience to inform their work. User Research Leads deliver research and analysis on complex, strategic, and high priority projects, as well as supporting and mentoring junior colleagues.
You will be working on a large-scale digital transformation programme with colleagues with varying degrees of familiarity with user research or user-centred approaches to product and service design, including some for whom user research will be entirely unfamiliar. You will need to operate in the strategic and planning space, helping to define and scope user research input to the programme and advocate for the benefits of an evidence-led and user-centred approach. You will also work throughout the entire delivery lifecycle to plan, conduct, and deliver complex and high-impact research.
- Plan, design and conduct research and analysis to support the design and development of digital products and services that meet customer needs.
- Advocate for approaches and solutions that balance customer needs with business goals, alongside technological capabilities and constraints.
- Lead the delivery of and undertake user research for larger and more complex digital products and services.
- Collaborate with colleagues across professions o ensure user research delivers impact.
- Role-model a culture of continuous improvement within the user research team and help to develop good practice and assure the quality of delivery.
- Ensure the spread of user research and analysis skills and methods within wider communities and staff in other disciplines and roles.
- Ensure insights from user research feed into business reporting and performance measurement.
- Ensure research is conducted in legally and ethically compliant ways and helps support high levels of compliance in product and service design.
- Champion and demonstrate the benefits of user research within client
- You are an experienced user researcher who can help an organisation adopt a wide range of user research methods and analysis and synthesis techniques. You can help an organisation continually assure, improve and innovate their practices and generate clear and valuable findings.
- You understand and have experience of a range of user-centred practices, and you can collaborate with other disciplines to deliver credible research outcomes. You can help inexperienced colleagues and teams adopt user-centred practices and embed them into their working practices. You can advocate for user research and engage sceptical colleagues and stakeholders, building productive working relationships with them.
- Experience of performing inclusive research and helping teams understand the diversity of audiences and users of digital services. You know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities. You can advocate for inclusive practices and help teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- Experience of taking a strategic approach to user research activities within the context of digital, service, or organisational transformation projects. You can evangelise for the need for research evidence to represent the voice of the user within transformational settings and prioritise and align research activity to deliver in the areas of greatest impact.
- Experience building strong and trusted relationships across a wide range of diverse working professions and at all levels, in support of ensuring that user research adds value, and that practices and methods are adopted by a wide range of teams.