Trust / Tax Administrator
Maidstone / Hybrid Working
A great opportunity has arisen for a Trust / Tax Administrator to join our Private Client Law team based at our clients office in Maidstone.
Our client is a leading law firm which prides itself on delivering quality service which provides value to our clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
We are looking for an experienced Trust / Tax Administrator to report to the Head of our Trust sub-team. This role requires an excellent level of administration and attention to detail to provide support on a wide range of trusts reporting to both internal and external trustees as appropriate.
Undertaking the direct daily administration of trusts to include:
- Dealing with the registration of trusts with HMRC
- Advising trustees on their duties and responsibilities as trustees and to the beneficiaries
- Liaising and meeting with trustees and third party advisers as necessary
- Ensuring that the trusts comply with both internal and external compliance procedures
- Working closely with the Tax Manager over the completion of the annual accounts and tax returns and obtaining information from trustees as required
- Drafting deeds and other documentation required as part of the administration of the trusts
- Completion of IHT forms covering exit charges and ten year anniversaries
- Setting and managing client expectations on fees and timescales and communication methods
- Adopting an holistic approach to client work to encourage repeat business and ongoing client relationships
- Reporting to clients on the progression of their case; keeping clients informed and updated throughout
- Meeting individual and contribute to meeting departmental financial and performance targets (including monitoring individual financial performance)
- Raising invoices and communicate with clients to achieve the timely payment of invoices
- Accurately recording time and ensure time recording targets are achieved
- Attending relevant business development events (internal and external) in order to establish and raise the profile of the business
- Developing and maintaining internal and external contacts
Are you the right person?
- Professional qualifications (STEP Foundation; STEP; ILEX; Solicitor) or significant relevant professional experience
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Office: Word; Outlook; Excel)
- Excellent client focus
- Proactive attitude, taking responsibility for own workload
- Communication skills - good written and verbal skills and ability to deal with staff and clients at all levels
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, used to working as a team player
What can they offer you?
A friendly and welcoming environment with the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
competitive salary, pension,26 days holiday per year, plus an additional day at Christmas, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website