Transactional Finance Manager
Reporting into the Financial Process Controller, this role encompasses responsibility for the Cash and Accounts payable teams, with two direct and eight indirect reports. This brand new role offers a significant opportunity to contribute to the Finance team's wider goals of improving overall effectiveness and efficiency across both the department and the wider business.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Review and monitor SLA's and processing KPI's
- Identifying any areas for improvement in relation to policies and processes
- Using past experience, input from colleagues and third parties (eg. external audit) to identify short and long-term priorities and put together a work plan for the team.
- Lead, drive and nurture a team of 10 colleagues to support their development
- Developing close working relationships with stakeholders to ensure that financial controls across the business are relevant, effective and operating efficiently.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant financial experience in medium sized businesses (retail or multi-site experience would be ideal but is not essential)
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Demonstrable experience of working on process improvement projects
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A determined and persistent 'operator' always striving for improvement whilst being practical with a focus on getting things done.
What we can offer you:
- 25% discount off our products in store
- 33 days holiday (Inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme to increase your annual leave entitlement
- Hybrid working - Manage your diary to be where you need to be
- Company pension contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - Because you matter!
- Life Assurance plan
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free parking at our Support and Distribution Centre
- Optional Charity Giving - "Pennies from Heaven" and "Give as you Earn" schemes
Finally, the bit 'About The Works'We are people who do!Here at The Works, we are building a working environment that's fun, friendly, and supportive - all at the same time. It's somewhere that's designed for people who love getting busy, whether that's helping customers, meeting new challenges, or building a rewarding career.We are the UK's leading family friendly retailer of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. With over 500 stores nationwide together with a brilliant online store, we're here to offer our customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
Oh....and we are super proud to be a Best Companies, Best Big Company to work for in the UK in 2021The Works is somewhere you can put your proud and passionate, inclusive and accessible, confident and honest, fun and creative, and nimble and driven approach to work.