Technology Data Engineering Lead
Full Time, Permanent
Up to £140,000
Role DescriptionContinuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining our industry. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation in which technology and data are key pillars of our transformation strategy.
Our Tooling Services team is looking for a Technology Data Engineering lead. You'll define, build, curate and run both products, tools and services based on public and private cloud capabilities to optimise our Operational and Resilience data strategy. You'll also deliver capabilities that support Data led insights, engineering and machine learning user journeys.
You'll work closely with the various data and enterprise architecture teams and programs to ensure the transition of Enabling platforms in line with our data led objectives according to cloud adoption and architecture frameworks and strategies. In addition, you'll proactively identify operational and technology resilience opportunities that you can enable to fulfil our data & platform objectives. What you'll get involved with
- Define and deliver a set of operational and resiliency capabilities based on GCP, Azure and Private datacenter offerings
- Leading and managing an organisation of data science engineering ensuring relevant training and upskilling plans are in place
- Running and operating the products delivered (DevOps)
- Supporting and enabling business platforms to self serve, in conjunction with the Enabling platforms
- Demonstrable knowledge of the AI, Machine Learning and Data Processing platforms
- A proven track record in developing, implementing and maintaining AI, Machine Learning and advanced Data Processing approaches
- Be product focused with the ability to define and engineer technical products, roadmaps, user journeys and APIs
- Ability to define and review technical architectures
- Ability to be hands on and create prototypes and MVP of the different platform products
- Experience in working with CI/CD, DevOps approaches and a passion for automation.
- Good knowledge of agile and lean start-up practices
- Ability to translate platform consumers needs into technical products
If you're interested in this opportunity, please reach out and apply!
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.