We are founders and operators. Makers and dreamers. Entrepreneurs and consumers. Strong individuals with a united vision. Choosy in a good way. Curious to a fault. Here at Foundry we are a tech-forward consumer products company that acquires and grows online brands across the home, outdoor, pet, and beauty space. We grow brands we believe in by partnering with passionate founders to live and carry-out their vision. Our team has expertise in direct-to-consumer eCommerce, Amazon marketplace, M&A, and brand building having grown brands from scratch to over $1B! We are data obsessed, building our own proprietary technology to accelerate growth, improving operations to build long-lasting, sustainable brands for our founder partners and consumers.
Warning, Foundry is embarking on a treacherous journey. Teammates wanted for hard work in return for long term incentives , comfortable with months of ambiguity and consistent sense of BYOC (bring your own clarity). This journey is not for the fate of heart however honor and recognition in the event of success! Oh, and we will succeed. About
We are Forge, the technology group within Foundry. We are building (forging) the systems/platform and creating order from startup chaos - the data platform, the systems integrations, the user experience, and the data science insights into our business to deliver Speed and Scale for Foundry operations. Our culture is to deliver, cooperate, improve, discern, and trust. We are learners, teachers, and builders. Title:
Technical Product Owner - Martech & ECommerce Preferred Location:
TX, TN, IL, WA, CA, NY Role Overview:
This role will drive a best-in-class consumer experience and omnichannel marketing technology stack for Foundry family of brands. You will be creating the vision and leading implementation that is shared across each Foundry brand and tightly integrated into our core systems and underlying platform. This role is the partnership between our core technology teams and the Foundry Brand, Marketing, and Community business teams.
As part of the MarTech team, the Marketing Technology Product Manager must be an expert in the use of user tracking technology, web development practices, interpreting needs of the business (known or discovered) through implementation into support, and content management systems. This role requires understanding of Marketing / Technology analytics platforms, and experience in managing projects, acting as the conduit between business leads and vendors. Responsibilities:
Hands on Experience with:
- Work with the business owners and Senior Management to deliver against the vision and strategy of the Marketing, Community and PR teams, ensuring alignment with company goals.
- Partner with business owners and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define product backlog, prioritize features and solutions according to market value and business needs.
- Define the vision (features and benefits of technology solutions) for world-class eCommerce and MarTech solutions that support many brands.
- Research and evaluate vendors that can deliver that vision.
- Document the backlog to communicate iterative/incremental delivery of the vision and integrations.
- Think, design, and iterate for scale in a fast moving and growing organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Shopify and/or custom eCommerce front-ends
- Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and other social media performance solutions.
- Back-end Integrations.
- AB/MVT platforms.
- CMS platforms + personalization aspects.
- Practical experience with web site optimization, A/B testing, KPI monitoring and improvements, and leveraging UX improvements.
- Practical experience with email marketing analytics (tracking), CRM/CDP and omnichannel
- Google Marketing Platform (GMP) required - implementation and operational use.
- Google Analytics and GTM
- Google Search Optimization
- Experience creating custom views/dashboard to support data driven decision making.
Who are you
- Prior product/program management & business systems analysis experience.
- Running multiple projects and roadmaps concurrently.
- Experience working with Marketing, PR, Customer Service, Analytics, and Community functions, KPI's, terms etc. (Must be able to converse and understand the teams needs with minimal education)
- Proven ability to implement technology projects into enterprises including evidence of adoption and/or ROI.
- Knowledge of IT solutions with a foundation of:
- Web analytics
- Container tag management platforms
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Infrastructure concepts (Networking etc)
- Paid Media tracking solutions and implicit implementation paths
- Business intelligence, visualization, data structures
- Must be able to establish and develop strong relationships with demanding, no-nonsense business and project stakeholders to ensure that business goals are met
- A bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or a related field; MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in product/program management or a related field
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, time management, and communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills along with in-depth knowledge of product strategy
- Experience creating detailed reports and presentations to senior executives and key stakeholders
- A track record of successfully making and keeping commitments
- Excellent communications skills and a comfort in dealing with a demanding executive team
You are self-starting, focused on collaboration, curious, inventive, hands-on, and a proactive problem solver. Big challenges and unknown areas are exciting to delve into, ambiguity isn't scary, and you want to be on a team building things. You thrive off making something from nothing, and can improve an existing systems? Like doing both? You have created, migrated, and managed eCommerce sites and have the scars to prove it. Perks:
- 100% Remote
- Medical + Dental + Vision
- 401K with match!
- Life Insurance + Disability Insurance
- Light travel opportunities, team offsites!
- Open Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- $75 Flat Cell Phone Stipend Monthly
Foundry is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce. As such, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, familial/marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.