Teaching Assistant & One to One support - Harrogate & Surrounding areas (Excellent rates of pay)
Most roles go permanent and have really family friendly hours....
You will be supporting students with their academic, personal and social development in a specialist setting based just out of Harrogate. This role is demanding and challenging, but extremely rewarding. You will be supporting learners with Social, Emotional and Mental Health or Autism/Complex needs in a specialist learning environment. You'll be required to use a reflexive approach to learners, their learning and needs, and be able to work creatively and pro actively. Emotional resilience and an ability to engage learners whom may have had a negative experience of education is a must, ideally you may have experience working in a similar environment.
What the Job entails
• Working in small class groups or with individual students helping them to access a curriculum
• Adapting learning to increase interaction.
• Provide emotional support if required.
• Encourage appropriate social interactions and participate in enrichment such as trips out.
• Maintaining professional standards at all times.
The ideal person
• Working in a similar environment or other experience of working with young people whom may present challenging behaviours.
• Resilience and patience, compassion and understanding.
• An ability to be proactive, creative and empathetic.
• To be able to follow detailed behaviour support plans (BSPs), individual learning plans (ILPs).
• To adhere to the school's policies and practices.
• Ideally you will be Team Teach trained (not essential) Training will be provided
In return we offer
• Excellent daily rates payed weekly through PAYE
• Support throughout your placements
• Access to a dedicated SEND consultant
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations)