Manage tax reporting, compliance and planning requirements of various domestic and international governing bodies in a manner that does not expose the company to late and incorrect filing penalties.Job Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with the parent organization and tax advisors as it relates to Federal, State and Foreign income tax preparation.
- Oversight of the personal property tax filings and sales/use tax filings
- Oversee international tax compliance, reporting, and planning, including transfer pricing.
- Manage tax audits
- Monitor tax legislation and advise management of potential tax impacts to the organization
- Research tax issues
- Maintain a tax calendar to ensure all tax reporting and compliance requirements are completed timely
- Calculate the monthly, quarterly and year-end tax provision, including tracking deferred taxes and reconciling the tax payable accounts
- Respond to information requests from the parent organization
- Develop and maintain process and procedure documentation.
- Leads and provides direction to less experienced tax professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree and a CPA certification or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the tax field (international tax experience is preferred).
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting policies.
- Experience working with outside tax advisors
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and assertively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance attention to detail with broader goals and time limitations.
- Proven ability to conduct thorough tax research.
- Proven ability to self-direct and manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion in deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Competency with MS Office software and electronic tax research tools (eg: CCH, RIA, etc.).