Who we are:
C3 Industries, comprised of cultivation and manufacturing facilities (with products sold under the Cloud Cover brand name) and retail locations (operated under the High Profile banner), is dedicated to masterfully crafting, branding, and selling premium cannabis products in legal medical and recreational markets. A passion for cannabis combined with a desire to produce premium, high-quality products, drove the company's founders to launch the business in 2017.
Since that time, the company has quickly grown its operations to four states with vertically integrated operations consisting of approximately 250,000 square feet of cannabis production space and more than 20 retail dispensaries in various stages of development across all its markets. The company has raised significant capital to date, is profitable and fully funded for all its current projects across Michigan, Oregon, Missouri, and Massachusetts, and is strategically positioned for continued significant growth.We are looking for a Tax Manager
to lead all tax activities of C3 Industries while partnering with the CFO to drive meaningful value for the company. In this role you will....
Skills and experience you have...
- Partner with the CFO to maximize federal and state income tax deductions as they pertain to 280E and communicate pertinent accounting treatment updates.
- Work with outside tax consultants to calculate and pay quarterly estimated taxes.
- Co-lead 409a and 805 engagements with the CFO.
- Prepare and file monthly, quarterly and annual sales and excise tax returns, ensuring accuracy and timely payment
- Periodically review sales and excise tax calculations and ensure updates in the company's point-of-sale system.
- Ensure real property tax assessments are accurate and current.
- Lead filing of annual personal property tax returns in various jurisdictions.
- Lead asset segregation engagements.
- Team with accounting to develop accurate tax accruals for monthly financial reporting.
- Assist finance with cash projections for all cash tax outlays.
- Partner with legal and compliance on licensing related tax matters.
- Manage all company tax account profiles and registrations.
- Stay current on federal and state tax developments in the cannabis industry.
You should apply if...
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required; five years of experience in a technical tax role; three years of project management experience
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot independently and proactively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and strong computer skills; advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in a project manager role.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to develop and implement operational best practices.
- Good judgment in a fast-moving environment with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a background check.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, and to be both a project manager and an individual contributor.
- You are a strong "big picture" thinker and an equally strong "doer" that rolls up their sleeves to make things happen.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment and are excited about working for a start up in an emerging industry.
- You are an experienced accountant with the ability to be both a project manager and an individual contributor.
Our mission is to share our love of cannabis with the world. If you are interested in being part of our journey, we'd love to hear from you!