Combine your passion for sustainable natural resource management with your deep knowledge of ArcGIS implementation patterns as a Senior Technical Consultant in our Natural Resources Department. In this capacity you ll provide technical leadership to the department and engage directly with Esri customers, helping them to envision, design, build and support impactful solutions for forestry, agriculture, land and water resources management.
- Work with Esris marketing and sales teams to develop new business.
- Manage complex projects and programs. Support customers with developing meaningful strategies that have long-term business
- Support novel approaches to implementing Esris software in support of our customers across multiple natural resources industries as the capabilities of the software evolves
- Foster a sense of community among our customers, distributors, and partners. Influence key business processes that can be optimized by leveraging our technology
- Lead project teams during the entire project lifecycle, including requirements, analysis, design, build and implementation. Collect and organize client requirements, objectives, and business workflows to translate into meaningful and actionable strategies and plans
- Create and manage the scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables through planning, tracking, quality assurance, change control, and risk management
- Establish, develop, and expand relationships with customers, partners, and distributors to drive next-gen solutions. Work with our marketing and sales teams to develop business into new markets
- Lead innovative proposals and win work that showcases forward-leaning solutions. Mitigate challenges through proper escalation to achieve project and program completion.
- Support the development of others though our network of organizational teams and professional communities
- 7+ years of experience designing, implementing and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS in the Natural Resources industry
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate and translate a customer s business goals, objectives and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, team-oriented and creative
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, multi-tasking and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn- you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Bachelor s degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science (CS) or a STEM related field
- Experience with ArcGIS location-based services, geo-enabled apps, spatial analytics or similar geospatial technology
- Understanding of IT integration concepts such as databases, web services, webhooks, mobile device configurations, web browsers, IT system architecture concepts
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud comuting architecture
- Connections with industry influencers and thought leaders
- Master s degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science (CS) or a STEM related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esris geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.