Sr Technical Specialist (Quantitative Risk Management Application Infrastructure)
At BMO our work options encourage flexibility around when and where you work, and a focus on personal wellness and work-life boundaries.
This role has a remote
work arrangement. The employee will almost exclusively work from home in the state that they are hired within, but may be asked to work at a BMO office on an exception basis, to be discussed with the hiring leader. Why work with us?
At BMO we have a shared Purpose: to Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. You will be part of a team that celebrates big ideas, supports your personal and professional growth, and makes a real impact in local communities.
BMO is a technology leader. We're investing in our technology through innovative products and high-profile partnerships, guided by a strong leadership team. From innovating in Cloud to our diverse tech stack, its a compelling place to work.
By joining our team, you will support our transformation towards becoming a Digital First, future ready bank. Digital First delivers speed and scale to drive progress for our customers, unlocks the power of our people and delivers loyalty, growth and efficiency.
At BMO we believe Digital and Technology are more than just channels its how we operate. We are focused on:
What will you do?
- Delivering leading employee and customer experiences that power real financial progress
- Driving speed, innovation, and efficiency by modernizing our technology platforms
- Attracting and retaining the talent who are transforming banking through innovation
The Technical Specialist shall be accountable for coordinating and engaging with Corporate Treasury business partners and the various technology teams (build and deployment services) to support infrastructure builds for the QRM platform (which supports the Corporate Treasury Line of Business).
The individual shall also be responsible for working closely with the QRM application support team to resolve incidents arising out of infrastructure issues on a day-to-day basis
Must Have: Hands-on experience in dealing with QRM
(Quantitative Risk Management) application and must have had working experience with deploying and supporting QRM applications in financial institutions Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) is the worlds leading risk management consultancy. QRMs vision has been to consistently provide financial institutions the expert advice, research, and analytics they need to maximize risk-adjusted returns.
Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to analyze, plan and execute infrastructure upgrades for the Treasury technology platforms
What do you need to succeed?
- Co-ordinates work-efforts among the various technology stakeholders (deployment services, server platforms, engineering) to support infrastructure builds
- Builds close relationships to understand the various activities that are necessary from a platform infrastructure build stand-point
- Responsible for documenting software build guides (SBGs) for the application to support infrastructure builds.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems arising out of infrastructure issues. Makes recommendations to improve processes and systems.
- Actions management approval process and communicates to business and the appropriate tech teams on status
- Looks for process improvement opportunities to increase reliability and extensibility of applications and improve overall service
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
What do we offer?
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Computer Science,
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems (OS) 2019/2016/2012 VCS cluster, Windows Cluster
- Familiarity with DBMS software tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2019/2016/2012
- Exposure to Cloud platforms: Azure or AWS. Experience in building infrastructure over cloud (IaaS)
- Experience in Financial Industry strongly preferred
- Exposure and understanding of DevOps/Continuous Integration (CI) tools and practices..
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements and software development control and release procedures, especially on then infrastructure build side
- Good knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Experience with Vendor product integration
- Windows System Administration, Networking, Job Scheduling (ESP) experience would be an asset.
- Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Is detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Is able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications and technology platforms
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and eager to learn
- Experience in working effectively with different technology and business teams
- Ability to work with Engineering/Networking/Storage/DB/OS teams to troubleshoot application issues and front-run investigations
- Technical Skills (Must Have)
- Software: Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) software experience and implementations, Microsoft HPC Pack, SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- OS: Windows 2019/2016/2012. Windows Cluster
- Programming/automation: Shell Scripting, Ansible, PowerShell, SQL
- Hardware: Windows Server 2019/2016/2012
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2019/2016/2012, SQL Cluster
- Cloud Platforms: AWS & Azure
- Cloud Native Services: S3, Lambda, Glue, RDS, Secret Manager, experience with IaaS implementations
- Networking & Storage experience (nice to have)
Were here to help
- Competitive compensation packages
- Our winning culture (limitless professional and personal opportunities, wellness, community connections, continuous learning, diversity, equity and inclusion)
- Our benefits (comprehensive health, wellness and insurance benefits, financial benefits, flexible work options, taking time away from work, development programs)
- Remote or hybrid work arrangements with locations across North America
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.