This position is virtual and can be located near a major airport in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky.
Are you passionate about helping State and Local Government (SLG) and K12 organizations implement innovative cloud computing solutions to enhance the experience of the constituents and communities they serve? Do you have a knack for helping public sector customers build a deep understanding of cloud and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp cloud migration projects on a trajectory to success?
Above all, do you want to lead a dynamic team of Cloud Solutions Architects bringing the latest cloud computing technologies to solve difficult cost and agility problems for SLG and K12 customers?
Amazon is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders. We try new things and dream big dreams. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are inventing the future of cloud computing. AWS is where the cloud first came to life. Now were inventing for the decades ahead. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers. Come join us and work with the latest cloud computing technologies that enable our customers to do more with technology and change the world in their respective industries.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated customer facing leader to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industrys best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of public sector customers.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Please apply if you are passionate about the following:
- Using innovative technologies to serve SLG and K12 organizations and the constituents and communities they serve
- Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures
- Our company credo: Work hard. Have fun. Make history. Its critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers
- Deep-dive technical discussions around design and a curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead a growing team of Solutions Architecture Managers and Solutions Architects
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Establish strategic initiatives to accelerate adoption of AWS by SLG and K12 organizations
- Partner with Sales and Business Development leadership to support field sales engagements
- Lead solutions architecture teams in driving revenue and market share for AWS through technical engagements
- Work with internal and external partners and OEMs to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and Support
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazons culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we arent focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, were happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and were building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 7+ of enterprise IT application experience as a solutions architect, software or system engineer, or technical consultant with at least 3 years managing a technical team of solution architects, sales engineers or similar technical roles
- 2+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, Network Administration, IT Security, Systems Architecture or other technical discipline
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working with public sector accounts
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing in either AWS, Azure or Google cloud
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services
- Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
- Prior experience in state or local government
- Prior experience working at a systems integrator partner
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organizational and presentation skills
- Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, such as HIPAA, CJIS, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit