Senior/Principal Ecologist - Birmingham/Derby - Negotiable Salary DOE - Permanent Job Your new companyOne of the largest engineering and design consultancies in the UK, successfully deliveringmultidisciplinary project to their clients.To meet a growing project workload and to help my client design and apply new approaches to their work, they are looking for a number of experienced and enthusiastic Senior/Principal Ecologists to join their Midlands,South West and Wales region. Location can be flexible but they hope to attract ecologists in the Midlandsregion, principally to Birmingham and Derby.You will have the opportunity to contribute to nationally significant and high-profile projects, withmany of their projects winning awards for biodiversity enhancements, innovation, and knowledge sharing.Your new role
- Leading on nationally important infrastructure projects, managing project programmes and budgets.
- Collaborating with our multi-disciplinary teams and undertaking stakeholder engagement.
- Planning and co-ordinating field surveys, analysing and interpreting survey results using approaches such as biodiversity net gain or natural capital.
- Designing and co-ordinating ecological mitigation.
- Authoring and checking/reviewing a range of ecological reports and licence applications.
- Managing work enquiries, preparing bids and building client relationships.
What you'll need to succeedIdeally, you would have the following qualifications / memberships;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM), chartership, or being on the route to chartership (They cover membership costs).
- A degree in ecology or closely related field.
- Demonstrable specialist ecological knowledge, strong botanical and bat survey skills, a bat licence and FISK level 4 would be particularly desirable.
- A full, clean driving licence.
What you'll get in return
- Paid overtime and/or TOIL system.
- Competitive salaries and a huge range of other benefits.
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays, plus the ability to buy up to 15 extra days!
- Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
- Paid for individual I-phone and use of team I-pad's for work purposes.
- Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
- Flexible working options including part-time options
- Many more...
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.