The care sector is such a rich and rewarding place to work. There is variety in your work and in the roles available - you don't have to be a carer to make a meaningful difference in our care homes. We want the kindest and most resilient people to come and support our residents - no two days will be the same and you will receive the learning and development you need to thrive.
As a Senior Care Assistant at Holme Lea, Kindness will be at the core of everything you do. It touches upon every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. And, by joining us, you'll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people.
For you, that will mean planning and implementing the kind of care that will give our residents a real sense of security, dignity and independence. You will get to know our residents and their families - helping to ensure we deliver truly personalised care plans. Leading a team of Care Assistants, you will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of care and you'll be a real influence on the rest of the team. Whether you are showing someone how to use a walking frame, helping someone at the end of their life to eat a meal or talking to a resident's family on the phone, you'll do so with a sense of kindness, above anything else. Assisting the Registered Nurse and Care Manager, you will be involved in providing essential physical and mental stimulation through a range of social and recreational activities, as well as administering medication
One of your key responsibilities as Senior Care Assistant is to maintain accurate records of the job you do and build strong relationships with the rest of your team.
Ideally, you'll have an S/NVQ 2 or 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care, a background in person centered care planning and knowledge of caring for people with dementia. What's essential, though, is your brilliant positive energy and natural ability to get along with people. You'll know what good record keeping looks like and be able to manage your time effectively. And, whenever you communicate with a resident or co-worker, you'll be truly considerate and kind.
Well, after all, it's just in your nature.
We'll provide full training, so it's a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a Senior Care Assistant we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
- Free uniform
- Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
- Homemade meal whilst on shift
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Group life assurance cover
- Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
- GP online - a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app - available to you and your children under 16
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- Colleague discounts - Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Wellbeing - free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Excellent recognition schemes such as 'Kindness in Care' and Long Service Awards
- An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.<