Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestl is the place for you. Nestl USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestls presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
Were determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you. This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship. Position Summary
Works under supervision of EPSU Team Leader with the guidance of other members of operations, maintenance, and plant management. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Timely communication of all operational and/or safety issues to Team Leader to avoid accidents and unnecessary downtime. Any issues that may adversely affect start-up, cause downtime, or could result in an accident are the responsibility of the EPSU Technician to communicate to the Team Leader and/or other managers immediately.
- Assist as needed during start-up to ensure that line or area is up and running prior to leaving.
- Timely preflight of equipment (including adjusting heights, timing and position of product fillers, etc.) to ensure that all equipment has been correctly assembled aligned and operates properly by the prescribed time.
- Inspect and release equipment within quality standards and within required time constraints.
- Turn equipment on/off correctly, read all displays and menus and disassemble, clean, assemble, and properly and safely operate complex equipment such as Bridge Machines, Extruders, MPOs etc.
- Safely and efficiently operate all hoses.
- Ensure that all product has been removed from areas before using any hoses.
- Ensure that all electrical panels, boxes, touch screens or other electrical devices have been closed and/or covered prior to using water in an area.
- Perform basic mechanical adjustments and perform required mechanical PMs (including but not limited to lubrication of rolling stock and dumpsters).
- Keep work areas up to housekeeping and GMP standards.
- Knowledge of chemicals and their proper applications as well as safety precautions that must be followed.
- Perform all duties and actions in a safe manner and continuously monitor areas to ensure that safety procedures are being followed.
- Always wear all required safety equipment and devices.
- Timely completion of work orders so that repairs are made as soon as possible.
- Adherence to plant attendance policies.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow team members and other departments.
- Team members shall understand and follow factory management systems for human safety, food safety and/or environmental management. Understand and actively work toward achieving management system targets and objectives.
- Team members shall follow the plant rules, procedures, and/or practices related to management systems. Team members will report incidents and unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the appropriate management system on all related procedures and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Reading, Math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages), computer, and leadership skills. Basic mechanical aptitude (i.e., correct use of wrenches, drivers, pliers, and lubrication techniques).
- Demonstrates knowledge of Nestl Lockout / Tagout and Confined Space Policy.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestl. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestl seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where youll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestl home.
The Nestl Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-. This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.