I am currently supporting a fantastic business based in Central London who have a great opportunity for someone who is keen to progress their career in finance as a Risk and Audit Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Lead the development and implementation of risk management processes across the business, maintaining the corporate risk register and supporting departments to identify and manage their own individual risks using departmental risk registers.
- Lead the development and implementation of the internal audit strategy for both the Finance department and the wider business, ensuring that it is in line with overall company goals and objectives.
- Develop the annual internal audit plan and ensure its delivery on budget and to the agreed time lines.
- Assess the organization's ongoing management of risk by evaluating the quality of the risk management policy, processes and systems of internal control.
- Assist management with the improvement of the control environment by designing and supporting the delivery of improved controls and ensuring these controls are adhered to across all relevant systems and processes.
- Effectively communicate all findings, including identified control deficiencies and opportunities for improvement, with senior management through written reports and conducting issue meetings.
- Work constructively with other assurance providers, such as PPL's external auditors.
- Perform ad hoc pieces of work to support the business, such as conducting investigations or advisory services in relation to new projects or process changes.
- Proactively manage personal development, in order to increase performance levels and provide opportunities for career development.
Skills / Experience:
- Developing audit plans and scoping documents
- identifying key risks and controls
- Producing high quality outputs and reports
- Presenting findings to senior management
- Experience in providing assurance around risk management and the effectiveness of internal controls.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates