An exciting opportunity to develop a breadth of commercial skills and experience across advisory and formal insolvency assignments with the Restructuring Advisory team.
As an Associate in the team you will assist in the delivery of restructuring advisory reporting assignments and work on insolvency appointments across a diverse portfolio of clients, and to ensure that clients and other interested parties receive a quality service in all respects.
- Complete assignments in accordance with the Firm's standard Advisory procedures and where relevant statutory obligations, and to confirm arrangements with the client, company, or appointer, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Work closely alongside other Restructuring Advisory team members to plan and execute insolvency assignments, and potentially manage appropriate insolvency cases as required, in accordance with the Firm's standard procedures and relevant statutory and regulatory obligations. Guidance will be provided throughout but this may involve some of the following:
- Assisting and supporting the Restructuring Advisory Core team and providing training and support to junior staff within the team,
- Assisting with the completion of and seeking approval of engagement letters and ancillary document,
- Completion of KPI's for Manager and Partner approval,
- Ensuring assigned diary lines are completed within the deadline,
- Inputting data onto the internal systems, IPS and Virtual Cabinet,
- General case administration including raising bills,
- Corporate insolvency experience essential with further opportunities to develop skills in this area,
- Understanding the challenges currently being faced by the client and developing solutions alongside the Partner/ Director and other team members.
- Implementing solutions through insolvency procedures as appropriate, including but not limited to Company Voluntary Arrangements, Administrations, Creditors Voluntary Liquidations and Compulsory Liquidations.
- Consulting with the newly formed Restructuring Delivery Team on pre-appointment Creditors Voluntary Liquidation matters.
- Dealing with all pre-appointment matters on Administration and Compulsory Liquidation insolvency appointments.
- Analysing and challenging information received from the client, or checking back to source documentation.
- Assisting in report drafting supported by the Restructuring Delivery Team,
- Assisting with the trading of insolvent businesses.
- Asset realisations including debt recovery.
- Preparation of reports for secured creditors.
- Complex investigations, including SIP2 reviews and litigation work as required.
- Assist with client take on procedures and timely completion of CEAP.
- To liaise with the creditors, directors and other interested parties throughout any assignment as required and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Line Manager or Head of Department.
Personal and professional qualities
It is our people that makes RSM what it is, and our commitment to people is paramount to our success. We have a culture of transparency and we remain people focussed and care about your professional and personal development. As an Associate within the team, you would need the following skills and experience:
- Ideally be ACCA / ACA qualified (or equivalent).
- Previous experience in client handling and stakeholder management.
- Experience of either preparation of financial information or ability to analyse it.
- Experience in Restructuring Advisory and / or Insolvency in a similar role and CPI qualified would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational and time management skills and able to demonstrate a strong commercial outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to high quality delivery within agreed timeframes.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.