Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for Resident Safety Support Officer on a 3 month contract with a possibility of an extension.
This position will be a total of 36 hours per week, with hours from 09:00am - 17:30pm.
To deliver a joined up, innovative and sustainable service to our residents. This role is pivotal to help our citizens living in Camden's homes to have secure and safe housing that meets their ongoing needs. We want to make sure that on a day to day basis the Landlord Service concentrates on delivering this purpose which has been identified as what matters to our residents.
This is an active role, which will require the post holder to spend a considerable time each week out and about, visiting our properties across the borough. This role will have a focus on fire safety and will require the post holder to assist the neighbourhood teams to help keep residents safe.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
- To demonstrate an understanding of Landlord Services and the role it plays in delivering services to our residents, especially with a focus on resident safety;
- To assist the neighbourhood teams on completing any actions arising from Fire Risk Assessments (FRA) that have been allocated to Landlord Services, within the timescales provided;
- To carry out visits to properties across the borough on a regular basis in order to address the FRA actions;
- To regularly communicate with residents in writing, in person and over the telephone;
- To ensure that monitoring systems are maintained accurately, using a range of databases and IT systems;
- To develop processes that assist with monitoring the work of Landlord Services;
- To work flexibly, from multiple settings, when required, to deliver service outcomes;
- Assist the service with the fire safety and resident safety operational support needs;
- To work closely with other teams and colleagues to address the work and improve our systems and processes;
- To work closely with officers within Landlord Services;
- To work closely with colleagues in other services and to join up some areas of the work;
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Provide an excellent level of customer service.
- Ability to communicate with residents and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work flexibly in line with changing priorities;
- Experience and knowledge of using database systems. Working experience and knowledge of MS office packages including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Understanding of confidentiality issues within a service framework and with special reference to the safe management of electronic data;
- Experience of working in a fast paced and quality focussed environment;
- Ability to identify and make improvements to existing monitoring data monitoring systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively across Directorates, teams and external partners to deliver our purpose and principles;