Bringing our love of food to families for five generations! Blount Fine Foods is a family-owned and operated manufacturer, marketer, and developer of premium fresh prepared foods. We are an engaging team, bringing restaurant-quality products to America including single-serve grab-n-go fresh soups, mac & cheese, and entrées in grocery stores across the country, as well as for hot bars and restaurants. Help us create the finest food experiences including those with specialty certifications that include organic, gluten-free, and low sodium, among others. Join a proven team for growth, success, and a satisfying career! Position Summary
As an expert of the process, you will monitor production on multiple lines while leading the QC Team. You are responsible to assure that company process and product quality is consistently achieving the highest levels possible to assure customer satisfaction. You will accomplish these standards in a dynamic, fast paced USDA, FDA food manufacturing facility.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidate Qualifications:
Expected skills for this position
Daily Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Strong mathematic and analytical abilities, as well as familiarity with statistics and control charts.
- Team leadership abilities and people skills that will facilitate the completion of goals and objectives and institute a sense of ownership to those that are tasked with the implementation going forward.
- Strong organoleptic abilities.
- Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of computers and their programs.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must be self motivated, possess high energy, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to interact in a dynamic team environment while displaying tact and diplomacy with peers and management alike in order to achieve goals.
- Candidate must be reliable and flexible in order to meet seasonality demands of the business.
- Lead and motivate the Quality Control Team in order to achieve daily goals.
- Monitor and enforce quality control points using control charts and culinary ability.
- Monitor and carry-out various batch control tests and product sampling to ensure process is in control.
- Quality systems development and management.
- Work as an extension of the Process Engineering Team.
- Specification development, approval and review with R&D.
- Sensory evaluation of key ingredients and attributes.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) analysis of key analytical data.
- Continuous improvement projects both individually and as a member of a team.
- Log data and report trends using information gathered.
- Communicate any continuous improvement opportunities to Process Engineering.
- Maintain, create and communicate quality control reporting data.
- Communicate quickly and effectively with Process Coordinator and production management.
Oversees 5-10 staff members per shift over 2-3 shifts, pending production requirements. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Departmental responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Our Total Compensation Package Includes:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with Company match and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Education Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
- Discretionary Annual Bonus Program