Reed Talent Solutions are currently working with a Leicester based higher education establishment to recruit Facilities Assistants on a permanent basis. The post-holder will will play a vital role in supporting the day-to-day operations of our Estates and Digital Services Division by completing a wide variety of tasks. This will include janitorial tasks, daily site/building checks, setting up of teaching and conference rooms, and supporting events.
- Site based
- Salary circa £21,000
- Reporting repairs and maintenance tasks which may require specialist skills.
- To check, verify and provide additional details to requests received through the ECS Service Desk.
- Carry out basic repairs of equipment within Service Level Agreement following appropriate standard operating procedures
- Ensure all facilities, rooms and external areas are ready for use each day - to include setting up rooms to an agreed layout or standard layout.
- Keeping grounds, external fire escapes, bin stores and outbuildings clean, litter and leaf free.
- Break down, packing and re-connect of existing PC's when supporting an office move (specific training provided)
- Assembling and dismantling furniture
- Use of the university fleet of vehicles
- Collection and transporting of waste
- Undertake cleaning tasks as necessary, including, but not limited to: normal cleaning duties, external cleaning and out of reach cleaning; deep cleaning tasks such as carpet cleaning, jet washing, the use of solvent based cleaning chemicals, wall/window cleaning and the use of powered equipment.
- Carrying out testing including fire alarm, fire equipment and fire evacuation points. Completing visual inspections of University buildings and assets. Reporting defaults and faults to the ECS Service Desk
- Unlock and secure properties as necessary, including setting/disabling alarms. To allow appropriate access to internal areas and secure after use to prevent loss/damage
- Help staff to deliver events such as Open Days, exams, degree congregations, arrivals and out of hour's events by offering practical help and or advice. Welcome visitors to the University, present a positive image, and provide directions, direct traffic and report any emergencies or security concerns to University Security
- Support building operations as directed. Including, but not limited to; supporting building receptions, receiving and delivering post and working outside
- Can demonstrate by previous experience the ability to work as part of a team to deliver a service whilst being able to work independently of others.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills (oral & written)
- Full UK/EU driving license
- Experience of using basic tools to assemble/dismantle furniture, and carrying out janitorial duties
- First aid certificate
- Experience in a similar role
- Relevant facilities management and/or health and safety qualifications
- Basic IT skills include outlook and word and maintenance online software.