Our client based in Bedford is looking for an experienced Production Operative to work at their filling site.
The overall purpose of the Fill Operator is to fulfil role both safely and efficiently within that of the Production function, hence enabling that function to ensure a stable and constant supply of various filled assets to the Warehouse and Logistics function for onward supply to customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To communicate with Production Manager or a designated Supervisor/Team Leader and ensure an efficient operation.
- Manual handling of cylinders, and liquid oxygen units (LOX), of different sizes and weights.
- To prepare cylinders for filling, including pre checks, de labelling and inspection following standard operating procedures.
- To prepare liquid oxygen (LOX BU's) units for filling, including pre checks, de labelling and inspection following standard operating procedures and in an outside environment throughout the year.
- Use of Personal Digital Assistant (PDA's) to scan and enter cylinder and LOX units information and barcodes into plant Sintesi Quality system.
- Attaching of different size cylinders to varying fill point configurations.
- Filling of all cylinders assigned to them, and their team, up to pressures exceeding 300 Bar, in a safe and efficient manner and within the Production plan.
- Filling of LOX units and sampling of contents using O2 and moisture analyser units including recording/filing of produced printed results.
- Liaise with Quality persons to ensure all filled products comply with quality procedures and licence agreements and Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Maintain close dialogue with Quality personnel while identifying any cylinders/Lox units or situations which may impact on quality of product.
- Manage and fulfil any general admin support function relevant to the processing of fill batches.
- Ensure at all times that all personal actions and duties are carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with any Standing Instructions or Operating Procedure guides, or Risk Assessments, while monitoring the actions of others to ensure a safe working environment.
- To keep all fill stations clean, tidy and actively participate in operating cleaning equipment to ensure a clean and tidy working environment.
- Liaise with Warehouse staff to ensure correct products are allocated to designated areas.
- To carry out any other general duties as necessary and in accordance with requirements of the business.
- Experienced in the use of hand-held scanning equipment and interpretation of information on digital display screens e.g. computers and analysers.
- Experience in similar role
Skills & Knowledge
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible attitude to working hours, overtime may be required, plus ability to work weekends and shifts when required
- Physically fit with Manual Handling awareness or previous experience
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Demonstratable capacity to identify and respond to relevant issues