Salary:£23,000 - £24,000 per annum
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm
We are currently seeking a Porter/Caretaker to work within luxury apartments based in the N1 area of London. The hours of work for this position will be 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Porter/Caretaker is to ensure security is maintained at the building. To take responsibility in a crisis, (e,g., fire, floor, intruders), and take appropriate action.
- To ensure that a log is kept for all accidents and incidents
- To be courteous and helpful to all residents as well as to residents staff and guests and to contractors employed by the residents of by the building
- The Porter/Caretaker is responsible for the monitoring of the log book, which records the signing in and out of all contractors and service personnel in attendance at the building.
- To supervise any keys left ensuring that they are correctly logged.
- To monitor the presence of workmen around the building and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disturbance to residents.
- The Porter/Caretaker must ensure all general telephone enquiries and messages logged, effectively and efficiently.
- The Porter/Caretaker is expected to complete regular cleaning of the block.
- To ensure that the CCTV is carefully monitored.
- To walk the development including all buildings on a daily basis, at the commencement of your duty, and at the end of the day.
- The Porter/Caretaker should sweep the courtyard once a day, and ensure that the areas are kept clean and tidy. To pick up any rubbish discarded in the garden areas. To empty the ashtrays outside each of the entrances on a regular basis.
- To remove rubbish in preparation of the refuse collectors attendance.
- To keep a regular check on the car, bicycle and scooter spaces, and to advise the Managing Agent of any change in occupation.
- To answer the telephone and or mobile number at all times. Any missed calls are to be responded to within the hour.
- The Porter/Caretaker must check boilers to ensure hot water is functioning and as appropriate the heating as well. Boilers to be checked in the mornings Monday to Friday and in the afternoons. Hot water tap in the office to be turned on to establish the hot water is functioning.
- To dust all surfaces on each floor to each block including the entrance halls on a daily basis, to include window cills, banisters, tops of individual front doors, and to clean and hoover the passenger lifts.
- To hoover all carpeted areas on each floor to each block on a daily basis.
- To wash the entrance steps to each block on a daily basis.
Due to the large number of applications received we are unable to respond to every applicant