Platform Tech Lead Analyst - Linux/SQL/Big Data/Cloud - sought by leading investment bank based in Beflast - Contract - Hybrid
- Management and oversight of applications portfolio from technology perspective
- Acts as Platform SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members (Tech/Ops/Architecture/Engineering)
- Maintaining current and complete application information repository and keeping it compliant with regulatory obligations and internal processes, policies, and standards.
- Subject matter expertise for designated applications and functional areas to support business and tech processes.
- Participation in global and regional initiatives to support business and technology driven projects
- Active monitoring of applications to identify policy compliance risks, vulnerabilities, and security issues
- Participate in Vulnerability Assessment Testing and remediation of issues
- Participation in application releases, development, testing, deployment into production and COB testing.
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Working with 3rd party vendors on application development requirements/delivery and support of PROD management team in resolution of PROD incidents.
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower-level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Around 5 years of relevant experience in application support or development area
- Over 8 years of overall experience in Platform delivery management.
- Subject Matter Expertise in infrastructure/ Hardware/ Software/ Database/ Middleware stack
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, release management, change management
- Deep understanding of technology platforms and infrastructure (Linux/SQL/Oracle/MQ/NDM/OpenShift/Microservices/Containers)
- Exposure to External cloud hosting services such as AWS, IBM, Google cloud and Implementation of Blockchain technologies is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Hadoop/big data technologies.
- 3+ years of experience in ECS/OpenShift and Ci/CD pipeline.
- 2+ year of experience working on messaging platforms such as MQ/Kafka.
- 2+ year of experience working on Google or AWS cloud developing data solutions. Certifications is a Plus.
- Understanding of information security aspects and vulnerability thread management
- Experience in project management area as project team member (Waterfall/Agile)
- Business knowledge/understanding of financial markets and products will be a plus
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Can-do attitude on solving complex business problems, good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Please apply within for further detail or call
Matt Holmes - Harvey Nash