Darigold is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual to join their Boise accounting team as Plant Accountant. This position reports directly to the Plant Controller and will support, participate in, and provide analysis for all phases and areas of the accounting process. The Plant Accountant will also partner with Operations in support of plant initiatives, reporting, monitoring, and auditing. It is important for this position to develop and maintain positive and integrated working relationships with production and support departments at the plant, as well as corporate accounting personnel. What You Will Do
What You Bring
- General Accounting : Ensure compliance with Darigold and plant accounting processes, policies and procedures. Maintain integrity of plant G/L and balance sheet. Understand and apply GAAP. Participate in plant reporting, variance analysis, fixed asset accounting and reviews, customer claims, etc. Takes a lead role in inventory accounting. Liaison with corporate accounting personnel from a variety of areas: Tax, A/P, A/R, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, etc. Other duties as assigned.
- Cost Accounting : With Controller, complete monthly financial close and reporting cycle. Prepare a variety of month-end journal entries, reconciliations, and reports. Responsible for inventory valuation and maintenance of standards. Generate manufacturing variance, finished goods, and material inventory reports. Collaborate with production and warehouse teams to resolve discrepancies.
- Budgeting & Forecasting : Support Plant Controller in budgeting and forecasting by analyzing trends, compiling historical data, preparing schedules, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Decision Support/Business Partnering : Partner with plant management and staff to support objectives of Operations team. Participate in plant problem solving and analytics to help drive performance. Participate in plant continuous improvement activities/teams as assigned. Provide manufacturing support and analysis in a variety of areas, including: process performance and line efficiency, capital spending, inventory management, production costing, cost reduction initiatives, etc.
- Cross Training/Daily Production Entry : Cross train on all daily production tasks as assigned to include accurately entering receipts of raw materials, ingredients, and packaging and recording production and shipments of finished products.
Benefits of Working at Darigold
- BBA/BS in Accounting/Finance
- 2-4 years of experience in an accounting or financial analyst role
- Prior experience in a food or beverage production facility preferred
- Milk accounting experience ideal
- Inventory accounting experience beneficial
- Experience with Oracle, Kronos, Oracle BI, SAP Business Objects, and other business software
- Possesses experience in running timely, accurate month-end closings including inventory reconciliation, adjustments, and accruals
- Possesses experience in formulating journal entries and posting them to appropriate accounts
- Possesses knowledge and experience in posting journal accruals and adjustments
- Possesses knowledge of budgeting processes and variance monitoring
- Demonstrated analytical ability, creativity, curiosity, diligence, and initiative
- Proven self-starter with a keen interest in learning and professional development
- Ability to multi-task and work the hours required to successfully accomplish all tasks on time
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to take on and successfully complete multiple projects and analyses in a timely manner
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset and constructively challenges the status quo
- Highly proficient in Excel with ability to learn and utilize a wide range of software programs
We understand that as an employee, benefits that support you and your family in and out of work are
important. We're proud to offer eligible positions a competitive total rewards package - that includes:
• Employer 401K contribution of up to 9%
• Comprehensive medical, dental & vision benefits
• Employer paid life & disability coverage
• Paid time off and paid Holidays
• 8 weeks paid paternal Leave
• Education assistance
• Flexible (hybrid) working arrangement
• Community giving through matching donations
• Access to great dairy products & participation in our employee butter purchase program
field1 Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving our vision to Lead Dairy Forward requires cultivating and supporting a team with varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing a workplace based on mutual respect where all employees feel included and can bring their best and authentic selves to work every day. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and
expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre -employment background screen & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify - please follow the links for details, English / Spanish & view our Right to Work Statement, English / Spanish.