ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for an ambitious, driven, experienced Payroll Specialist to accurately and timely execute the monthly processing and administration of Payroll. YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Managing end-to-end payroll processing for employees that includes importing, proofing, editing, processing, and transmitting all payroll wages and tips, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, commissions, and manual payments consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws
- Ability to collaborate with external benefits brokers to administer and support employee inquiries and policy options
- Supporting managers to increase understanding and application of HR processes
- Responding to employee inquiries in a timely manner
- Actively partnering to deliver HR solutions in areas including Management Enablement, Off-boarding, Benefits Inquiries, and other general questions
- Educate managers and employees on HR policy, process and practice to ensure effective execution
- Perform specific duties related to insurance plans, 401k, and flexible spending accounts reconciliation of accounts, timely vendor payments
- Perform updates to payroll-related information and data and manage overall payroll workflow
- Ensure timely processing of all new hires, promotions, and terminations for several units.
- Analyze and audit payroll data for accuracy of posting, including intercompany transactions.
- Prepare journal entries related to payroll and benefits and record timely and accurately
- Prepare and complete pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keep track of hourly rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information, etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Prepare reports for upper management and finance department
- Proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the payroll field
- Experience with benefits administration is a big plus but not mandatory
- Strong knowledge of payroll software, applicant tracking systems, and onboarding applications
- Proficient in MS Office
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/S in business, accounting, or relevant field or equivalent years of experience
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: Peloton has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and customers globally. All employees based in the U.S. and Canada are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has a Peloton-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law. Peloton values the side-by-side collaboration that comes with working together in an office. Our Hybrid Working Policy requires team members in US office-based roles to be in the office every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here () on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from email address. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence. Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.