Substance Misuse Outreach Support Worker with experience of managing a caseload of non-complex service users and the ability to facilitate assessments and interventions in a person-centred, non-judgmental manner is required for a well-established organisation based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, South East England.
SALARY: £21,402 - £23,695 per annum
LOCATION: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, South East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week - flexible working hours may include evening, weekend and bank holiday work
Please Note:An Enhanced DBS Check will be required for this post
Please Note: A covering letter, explaining your suitability for this role, is required (please ensure it is within the same document as your CV)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Substance Misuse Outreach Support Workerwith experience of managing a caseload of non-complex service users and the ability to facilitate assessments and interventions in a person-centred, non-judgmental manner.
Working as a Substance Misuse Outreach Support Worker you will work with multi-agencies to offer a targeted support option to substance users, or people at risk of using substances due to homeless, temporary housing or unsuitable housing.
As a Substance Misuse Outreach Support Worker you will work collaboratively with partners such as police, courts, probation, community support, health, well-being, education, employment, training, volunteering, housing and social support enabling a full integrated service to be offered.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV with a covering letter, explaining why you think you are the best person for this post, as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Please put your covering letter within the same document as your CV to ensure that we receive both together.
Your role as a Substance Misuse Outreach Support Workerwill include:
- Work as an integral part of the service in delivering high quality and time bound interventions to Service Users throughout North Buckinghamshire
- Engage people into open access services, which include take up of the needle and syringe exchange programme, harm reduction, structured and semi-structured interventions. Covering at least one open access service per week to link from community into services
- Work with a range of organisations and members of the community to harness local community assets
- Support the updating of an online Community Support Services Manual
- Engaging and supporting people new into treatment
- Supporting a service user through their treatment from assessment and throughout their recovery journey
- Holding a caseload of non-complex service users
- Promoting Service User, Carer and Community Involvement
- Promoting visible recovery and community integration
- Reducing drug and alcohol related harm to service users and the wider community
- Ensuring that your work is evidence based, up to date and in accordance with current policy, legislation and best practice
- Keeping up to date and accurate records and documentation with the online database
- Working closely with Peer Mentors and Volunteers
- Vocational qualification e.g., NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable education and/or training in substance use work
- A good working knowledge and understanding of service users with drug and/or alcohol related problems
- Experience in managing a caseload of service users
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to the audience
- Able to deliver a range of services/treatments/interventions in a person centred, non-judgmental manner
- Collaborative team working skills
- Adaptable and able to work in a challenging and changeable environment
- Ability to deliver against agreed objectives and targets
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV's of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P9330
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.