Our client is one of the UK's leading bilingual early years educational brands, having built its reputation around Chinese and English immersion. Our client is now expanding their languages portfolio with the planned launch of a Spanish bilingual school in NE London in the coming year - their aim is to become the defacto bilingual early years immersion provider across the UK and so have plans to roll out French, Arabic and more languages in their pipeline for future schools developments.
Our client is looking to recruit a Nursery Third in Charge/Room Leader for the Toddler room.
You'll be leading a team of 4 staff - a Chinese teacher, a qualified ballet teacher and an early years educator; and an apprentice who is due to qualify in the coming months - to deliver their intercultural and bilingual curriculum that fosters fluency in Mandarin, and primes the 16 children in your room with the excitement and curiosity about the wider world and the people within it to launch them into life.
- Annual salary benchmarking reviews for increases in line with performance
- Profit related pay bonus schemes
- £250-500 end of first year bonus
- Additional holiday for each years' service
- Days off on your birthday
- Staff socials every month (not "forced fun")
- In house accredited training to see you progress in your knowledge and skills.
- Training Days each term to get together, relax, talk and understand how to do what they do better
- Career progression - promotional opportunities across the group at their other sites as they grow
- Management training - for those who move into Room Leadership roles, to undertake their micro-management training programme with the group CEO to better understand and manage the business one day
What Skills You'll Need:
- Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills - you'll need to know who needs to do what, when, how, give clear instructions and then follow up to ensure that it's done to standard
- Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues, advisors and parents/carers
- A fantastic knowledge of the EYFS and Birth to Five Matters Frameworks
- Good working knowledge of developmental tracking software's such as EY Log, EY Man (which they use) / Tapestry etc
- Administrative diligence - ensuring that formative assessment, summative assessments and welfare records are maintained, archived and communicated accordingly
- Leadership - solid decision making skills, conflict management, collaboration and consistency in what you say / do and a large amount of patience and resilience for a rewarding role
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- The ability to model, motivate and support staff
- Problem-solving skills
- 5 years' Experience of caring for or working with children aged 6 months- 5 years old.
- Minimum Level 2/3 qualification in Early Years or above
- Good knowledge of Ofsted requirements for the provision of safe care to children
- Knowledge of health & safety requirements for the environment
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Experience of working in a small team, supporting colleagues with peer on peer observations.
- A commitment to the provision of high-quality childcare.
- Being able to deliver a tough message in a fair way
- Supporting nursery marketing events experience