Looking to work at a firm with an unbeatable culture?
WithumSmith+Brown , P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of Strength SM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients and our professional staff with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management and operational needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum's Not-for-Profit and Education Industry group provides support and guidance to Nonprofits to succeed in a technology-driven world full of ever-changing rules and regulations. Withum believes that when you stand together for a common purpose, dreams for a better world become reality. Withum's Not-for-Profit team has the experience and the knowledge to tackle compliance, governance and operational and financial hurdles that can help free up time and resources and allow nonprofits to stay focused on the heart of the matter- their mission. This group services a variety of nonprofits including community-based organizations, public charities, private foundations, trade associations and educational institutions.
This Experienced Associate role will work exclusively with Withum's Not-for-Profit Industry Group. You'll be working with a team of renowned experts and thought leaders in the industry who are passionate about what they do! The ideal candidate will possess excellent Excel and tax return preparation skills with the ability and desire to grow into the engagement senior position and work in the not-for-profit and education services group .
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, easy to work with a sense of purpose and caring for their co-workers and whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way , promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities. How You'll Spend Your Time:
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- Preparation of annual nonprofit information returns and unrelated business income tax returns for a large and diverse Not-For-Profit practice including public charities and private foundations, social welfare organizations, trade associations and social clubs
- Preparation of relevant state income tax returns and annual state charitable registration forms
- Researching and resolving tax-exempt organization tax issues
- May inc lude preparation of Employee Benefit Plan, C Corp., S Corp., Partnership income, fiduciary tax returns and individual returns as time permits
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Working towards CPA license, or CPA certification (preferred)
- Having a Master's of Science in Taxation is a plus
- 1-2 years of prior experience working in the tax department of a public accounting firm
- Excellent analytical, technical tax,organizational, project management skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment