Founded in 1957, Ent is a member-owned credit union with a passion for people, not for profit. With $8+ billion in assets and over 420,000 owner-members across more than forty convenient Front Range locations, Ent is Colorado's largest credit union. In addition to a reputation as a leader in philanthropy and financial literacy, Ent has been nationally recognized by Forbes as the overall credit union in Colorado for four years running. We know that growth, accolades and reputation are a result of the entire Ent family of employees working together to serve our members. To that end, we are equally proud to be recognized as an "employer of choice" and to have received nominations and awards as a "Best Place to Work" in both Southern Colorado and the Denver metro area. Ent's numerous Employee Engagement Groups (EEGs) offer micro-communities of like-minded employees and a chance to express your personal passions through volunteerism and philanthropy while our best-in-class benefits package and competitive salaries reward you for a job well done.Job Description
The primary purpose of this position is to work with Ent's members and potential members to assist them in identifying and securing a mortgage loan that is appropriate for achieving their financial goals, including home ownership. Mortgage loan officers respond to and follow up on member inquiries that come from multiple sources. The loan officer will collect and analyze the member's financial information and assess the member's financing circumstances to determine which mortgage product might best fit their needs. This includes reviewing competing offers from other mortgage lenders and understanding the positive and negative features of many loan products.Essential Functions:
QualificationsMinimum Formal Education Required for this Position:
- External Realtor/Business development contacts, events, shows, seminars, education, and committees.
- Take applications and review initial findings and decisions.
- Analyze asset, income and DU required data independently.
- Collect data and appraisal fees.
- Continuing education.
- Refer to other Ent departments (EIS/CRE/Etc).
- Bank Secrecy Act: Remains cognizant of and adheres to Ent policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Minimum Work Experience:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. or equivalent.
- 1+ years' of mortgage industry origination or sales experience. required
- 5+ years' of mortgage experience with 2+ years in mortgage sales origination. preferred
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of "Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 2+ years' of accounting experience? could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master's Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experienceTechnical or Specialized Knowledge/Skills:
- Detailed understanding of FNMA, CHFA, FHA, and VA products and underwriting requirements
- Understanding of Non-profit down payment programs available to members
- Desktop Underwriter (DU) knowledge
- Strong technical experience to include; PC's, excel, database software and web knowledge
- Strong external sales and networking skills
- Excellent communication skills
Environmental, Physical and Psychological Requirements
- NMLS Registration in good standing. required
- Driver's license with acceptable driving record. required
- Standing - Occasionally
- Walking - Occasionally
- Sitting - Frequently
- Lifting - Rarely (40 Lbs)
- Carrying - Rarely
- Pushing - Rarely
- Pulling - Rarely
- Balancing - Rarely
- Stooping - Rarely
- Kneeling - Rarely
- Crouching - Rarely
- Crawling - Rarely
- Reaching - Occasionally
- Handling - Occasionally
- Grasping - Occasionally
- Feeling - Occasionally
- Talking - Frequently
- Hearing - Frequently
- Repetitive Motions - Frequently
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination - Occasionally
- Noises louder than normal speaking volume - Occasionally
- Temperature Changes - Rarely
- Atmospheric Conditions - Rarely
The salary rate for this position is $55,000 per year plus a monthly commission based on performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Benefits Summary Sheet - 2022
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Videos To Watch