Job Summary Job Title: Meat Cutter FLSA Status: Hourly Reports To: Meat Manager
Responsible for working closely with all Meat Department associates to ensure that department goals are being obtained and guest needs are being met.
Job Description ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares all non-case ready meat products (cutting, grinding, wrapping, trimming) according to established standards.
- Provides expertise and leadership within sales floor, backroom operation, safety and sanitation guidelines, inventory management.
- Extensive knowledge of different cuts and cooking techniques of meat and seafood.
- Ensures all quality and quantity standards are being met. This includes filling of all cases as needed (service/self-service fresh, frozen, and processed cases).
- Supports teammates and positively contributes to the culture of the Meat Department.
- Increases sales by being fussy about the details and ensuring visually appealing products.
- Contributes to overall department goals and objectives by assisting other areas of the department as available and requested.
- Reduces shrink by following production lists, recipes, following accurate trim standards and minimizing waste.
- Ensures quality and date control standards for meat products.
- Ensures meat product is properly packaged, labeled, and stored in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assists in the training of the Utility team members including grinding, sausage making, cutting product for the service counter, cutting special orders, wrapping, and filling product.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department while leading by example with the operation, maintenance, and sanitization of equipment.
- Provides excellent guests services by attentively assisting guest at service counter and providing expert knowledge on meat products.
- Collects special orders/ requests and completes them in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Meat Cutter experience required.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of perishable foods.
- Qualified applicants must be over the age of 18.
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Stand in one place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Lifting up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
The Meat Cutter is an hourly position that may be part-time or full-time. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays, with the flexibility to work evenings or overnight as needed At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.