Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for cutting and merchandising of all fresh meat.
- Assist in ordering, receiving and displaying all product.
- Grind meat.
- Slice meat.
- Assist in organizing cooler arrangement and stocking of cooler.
- Responsible for rotation of product.
- Maintain neat and clean appearance of all display cases.
- Maintain good code dates on all product in display cases.
- Keep work station and area around work station neat and clean.
- Department is to be sanitized and disinfected twice a day.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to customers.
- Assist in enforcing and maintaining the company HACCP program.
Benefits of working for Food City:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Meat cutting experience a plus, but not required
- Ability to meet standard Physical, Mental, and Visual demands
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions, perform routine and repetitive tasks and have constant contact/interaction with various levels of individuals on a daily basis
- Ability to attend on-site work during scheduled shifts to adhere to company time and attendance policies
401(k) with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Weekly Pay Checks with Direct Deposit, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, Medical Plan with wellness benefits, Dental Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Associate Offers, and so much more!About Food City:
Food City is a privately held, family-owned company with a driving mission to 'run the best store in town.' Dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, we encourage our associates to get involved with their local civic organizations. We consider our associates to be our greatest asset. Over 13% of the company is currently owned by our associates through our employee stock ownership plan, promoting tremendous pride in the services and products we provide. Whether your passion is baking, accounting, or trucking, Food City has a promising career opportunity for you. We offer flexible schedules to ensure our associates have ample time to spend with family and friends. If you're looking for a great career or the opportunity to try something different, consider becoming part of the Food City family.