Job Title: Estimator/Manufacturing Engineer
Position Information /Job Summary:
The individual chosen for this opportunity must be self-motivated, very detailed, a team player and capable of working on a few estimates simultaneously. As an Estimator you will collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, materials, components and any outside services required to manufacture metal assemblies for the aerospace industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience working with Aerospace and Medical materials, e.g., stainless, nickel alloys, titanium, and aluminum.
- Proficient in contract manufacturing cost estimating focusing on Aerospace and Medical applications.
- Proficient in interpreting complex engineering drawings.
- Proficient in math and basic trigonometry skills.
- Experience in manufacturing processes, e.g., Machining, EB Welding, Vacuum Brazing, and both EDM and Wire EDM.
- Proficient in complete job setup, e.g., create routing in MRP system, material requisitions, and drawing package.
- Computer/software proficiency, e.g., Microsoft Suite products and CAD knowledge a plus.
- Has in-depth knowledge of various types of manufacturing equipment and the capabilities of the equipment. I.e., CNC and multi-axis machining, Laser marking, manual mills and lathes, grinders, etc.
- Develops and troubleshoots processes for NPI projects in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supports manufacturing estimating for quotations ensuring standard methods and approach used including time studies, research, and testing as needed.
- Drives continuous process improvement in setup times as well as cycle times to improve productivity and throughput in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Drives a high level of customer satisfaction - managing customer expectations and advocating for customer needs within Tecomet
- Under direction of Engineering Management, may act as the primary point of contact with the customer, proactively communicating issues.
- Communicates timely status within Tecomet to drive good business decisions
- Participates in the creation of a wide variety of documents (work instructions, routers, etc.) to support qualification and transfer to production.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
Qualification Requirements/Educational/Training Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and/or 3-5 years related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of EN ISO 13485 preferred
Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in aerospace manufacturing or related industry.
Detailed understanding of the Aerospace product development process
Detailed understanding of ISO 13485 compliant quality systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- This position requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
- Strong process engineering skills including: work piece control concepts, tolerance stacking, datum controls, and fixturing concepts. Requires the ability to design processes based on maximizing efficiency and quick changeovers
- Ability to read, interpret and utilize engineering drawings and electronic data for product and process development is required.
- Knowledge of process validations, process mapping, GD&T, and process excellence is a plus.
The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be required to stand. The employee could frequently be required to walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee could be required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee could occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job could include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected/ Veterans/Disabilities/Drug Free Workplace
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.