Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 9,500+ colleagues around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. That is why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a Logistics Administrator (known as Traffic Dispatcher/Planner internally). This is a hybrid Role - working remote and in the office on 3 day/2 day split. The office is based at - HP19 8DB.
A quick look at the role.
The role holder will support the effectively running of the day-to-day operations of the Depot through the effective allocation of vehicles to ensure best in class service delivery, ensuring health & safety standards are maintained, and ensuring environmental and O licence compliance. Support employee engagement, continuous improvement in productivity and quality of service provision.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Day to day management of operational staff in order to achieve best in class service delivery
- Managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
- Debrief of operational staff at the end of each working day to identify any issues and support swift resolution
- Manage driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Perform administrative duties including input of pay and bonus onto the company systems. In addition accurate input of disposal information
- Carry out visual safety checks of the fleet within guidelines to ensure VOSA regulations are complied with. Liaise with fleet to minimise vehicle downtime.
- Control vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- In conjunction with the Depot Manager, ensures that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
Here's what we require:
- Experience of a position of similar responsibility in Services or Logistics industry
- Health & Safety management
- Local geographical knowledge
- Good transport / logistics knowledge
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation environment
- Experience of first line operational management
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - Because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Life cover.
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.