The Lead Store Associate assists store management in all activities to drive sales and results. Demonstrates behaviors that align with the company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Humility and Passion. The Lead partners with the management team on store priorities with a focus on in-store customer experience, inventory management, omni activities and cashwrap efficiency while promoting a positive work environment and executing operational processes in compliance with company standards and policies.Reports to:
Store Manager and/or Co-ManagerEssential Duties and Responsibilities:Customer Service
• Maintain In-Store Experience by modeling CEL behaviors, redirecting associate behaviors to achieve store goals and responding to customer requests and/or feedback with a high sense of urgency.
• Ensures customers have a positive experience by maintaining DSW store standards. Completes all tasking related to daily open/close including store cleaning, recovery and maintenance standards.
• Responsible for all activities related to the cashwrap including creating a culture of promoting DSW loyalty program amongst associates and customers. Ensures all associates are providing the benefits of the DSW loyalty program to every customer
• Meets metric based goals by reviewing, understanding and clearly communicating daily/weekly/monthly goals. Able to clearly communicate business trends to SM/ML.
• Reviews daily communication; plans and assigns tasks throughout the day and follows through with required actions.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager or other leader.
• Performs all other associate duties within store.Inventory Management
• Increase sales and success by maintaining sales floor and stockroom, enable the flow of merchandise to ensure an appealing experience to consumers.
• Helps supervise and participates in the planning and execution of all inventory management related activities including but not limited to; freight receipt, placement, markdown and MOOS.
• Assists management with all omni activities in store including but not limited to Charge/Send, BOPIS/BOSTS, Delivery.
• Leverage inventory reports to maximize productivity and merchandise presentation on the sales floor.
• Responsible for ensuring a safe environment for both customers and associates. Ensure all equipment is in good operating condition and checked regularly.
• Maintains supply inventory to ensure successful floor moves, markdowns and fulfillment in areas of stockroom, cashwrap, clearance and non-sales areas.
• Performs, maintains and completes all information related to audits, donations, transfers, mismates, damages, etc.Human Resources
• Work closely with the store leadership team to understand and follow policy and procedure
• Support team by training, coaching, and providing feedback of others to the management team in an efficient manner
• Provides feedback to the Store Manager on associate performance and communicates associate relations issues to Store Manager for follow up.
• Supports team in managing payroll and associate timekeeping activities
• Recognize associates through our company recognition tools.Required Skills:
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
• Good verbal and written communication skills
ALREADY AN ASSOCIATE?
- Minimum 2 years retail experience
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent
You must apply through our internal portal:
click hereWhy Choose A Career with Designer Brands?
Empowering associates and building strong teams poised to disrupt the retail and footwear landscape through positive change is at the core of who we are at Designer Brands.
About Designer Brands:
- Invested in helping our associates learn, develop, achieve and grow into strong leaders
- Shared commitment to creating a culture fueled by engagement, excitement, optimism and fun
- Dedicated to giving back and community involvement
Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America's largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories.
- Designer Brands Inc. operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group.
- Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide.