Job Description Summary
The Lead Coatings Robot Programmer will provide programming support for thermal spray robots for production and development needs primarily in the Hot Gas Path COE Coatings Cell and other areas as needed. Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain program revision control for robotic programs.
- Troubleshoot production issues for robotic equipment (error recovery, alignment issues, program changes, etc).
- Interface with MPE (Materials Process Engineering team) for robotic program development and prove out programs that are transferred to manufacturing.
- Perform robot calibrations.
- Lead projects for cycle time and cost reduction projects for robotic processes.
- Utilize cad software (NX, Rob Cad, or other software) for program development and testing.
- Support blue light inspection equipment and data analysis.
- Provide support to M.E. (Manufacturing Engineer) and provide operator training during for production needs, quality issues, and process improvement productions.
- Troubleshoot coating cell equipment, thermal spray guns, and powder feeder systems as needed.
- Provide daily operator support for robotic issues and troubleshooting.
- Support and implement tooling & fixturing requirements associated with robotic equipment.
- Maintain preventative maintenance plans for robotic equipment and spare parts list.
- Generate and support workstation instructions (methods).
- Initiate and lead process improvement projects to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Provide guidance in the implementation and expansion of automation.
- Provide effective communication to appropriate team members when needed
- Work effectively as an individual and in a team based environment.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment while embracing and driving positive change inside and outside the organization when appropriate
- Work cross-functionally with design, engineering, and supply chain to identify and retire risks on new process and technology introductions
- Train other programmers as needed.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited College or University and 3 years of experience or Associates Degree from an accredited University or College in Programming or Mechatronics with 5 years of experience or High School Diploma (or equivalent) and at least 7 years' experience in robotic programming.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment. Additional Information
- Prior Robotic Programming and Production Coating Experience.
- Experience with VPS, HVOF, and APS thermal spray coating cells.
- Knowledge of coating systems, thermal spray guns, and powder feeder systems.
- Product expertise in gas turbine or aviation components
- Experience using robot programming cad software.
- Strong problem solving and organization skills, with above average shop math skills in geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple levels of the organization, both verbally and through written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency programming Fanuc Robots.
- Experience with blue light inspection scanning and data analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency interpreting drawing and specification requirements
- Knowledge of fixture specifications, design and part clamping systems
- Prior exposure to and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Self-motivated and self-driven
- Ability to accept new challenges, take ownership, and make decisions
- Demonstrated proficiency interpreting drawing requirements
- Ability to multi-task and productively manage multiple projects concurrently
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer () . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees. Relocation Assistance Provided: