AWE is looking to hire an IT Manager to Lead an Information Services Team in the development, implementation and operation of Infrastructure Systems across AWE, including working with key customers and suppliers. To manage AWE's Information Technology Infrastructure and participate in the development of the future direction of IT.
Location - Reading/ Basingstoke
Salary from £42,700 depending on experienced & qualifications
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year including bank holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours - Smarter working is also available as per business needs
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- To ensure Information Services Team is properly resourced and effectively delivering its commitments to both sustainment and project deliverables. Ensure that work undertaken is in compliance with applicable legislation and to MoD/ SWE standards.
- To manage the day-to-day sustainment of infrastructure systems, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training and quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
- To manage and develop the Information Services Team. Support them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and to continually improve their performance and results.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.