Suitable for an ambitious team player with great financial modelling skills! who want more involvement within their career and are ready to learn directly from decision-makers.
Location: Mayfair, London - work from office 9 am-6 pm with some overtime during busy times
Salary: A competitive base depending on experience with some flexibility plus performance bonus and corporate benefits
A PE investment firm (over £3bln under management) focused on acquiring control positions in asset-backed operating companies in Europe, the UK and the US is looking to advance its team and hire an Associate/Senior Associate to strengthen the acquisitions department. The firm differentiates itself by its flexible, nimble and non-institutional approach to producing superior risk-adjusted returns. The company focuses on the acquisition of asset-backed operating companies across Europe and North America with a flexible remit to invest across a wide variety of different asset classes. Based in the heart of London, the firm is looking to expand its portfolio and diversify its investment strategy. As such, this is an exciting time to join the business and grow with the company.
The role will sit within the firm's investment team focusing on the analysis of new investment opportunities and support in the management of portfolio companies. As part of a small nimble team, the role offers supportive experience and a high level of exposure (internally and externally).
- Active involvement in the analysis, structuring and execution of deals with a particular focus on asset evaluation/business modelling
- Active role in design and execution of various due diligence workstreams such as commercial, technical, financial, tax and legal
- Identification of key risks and mitigants of investment opportunities
- Market research and analysis
- Preparation and/or review of sophisticated operational and financial models, and the preparation of investment committee presentations
- Support in raising debt and equity funding for new investment opportunities and portfolio companies
- Support in management of portfolio companies, including preparation of internal and external portfolio company reporting
- Interaction and building relationships with management teams, investment banks and other external advisors.
You will be/have:
- High achiever with excellent academic background
- 2-5 years work experience at a private equity firm, investment bank, transaction services firm or similar
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Good knowledge of real estate fundamentals is a plus but not essential
- Real estate, hotels and corporate PE deals experience is desirable
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile
- Good eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to quickly absorb, make sense of and assess large amounts of information
- A team player who is also an ambitious self-starter with the ability to be flexible and work independently.
What is in it for me?
- A competitive salary and an impressive discretionary bonus structure (based on deals)
- Corporate benefits
- Amazing office location in the heart of London
- Become a part of a supportive, friendly and dynamic team of work-hard-play-hard top professionals in the field
- Flat management structure with the opportunity to learn from the very best who are ready to support your professional/entrepreneurial ambitions
- An opportunity to get more involved, take more responsibility and progress fast within your career
- Not 'just a number' type of role. Feel your potential - have a real say and contribute to the bottom line.