Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager Description
Are you a new Registered Nurse with a Hospice calling? If so, we would like to speak with you! Apply now by using the quick apply option below: To apply please email LOCATION: Pruitthealth Hospice Gainesville JOB PURPOSE:
Screen referral for appropriateness and perform admission to facilitate the transition of the patient and family into the hospice program. Also responsible to Case Manage patients and families to ensure symptom management, patient and family education, medication management, coordination of hospice services and provide excellent communication with the patients physician. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary care team for assigned patients, and is designated to coordinate the implementation of the plan of care.
- Provides the primary nursing care for hospice patients, regardless of the setting.
- Assumes full responsibility for professional management of assigned hospice patients care related to the patients terminal illness.
- Teaches the primary caregiver skills that are needed to care for the patient in their residence.
- Works closely with the attending physician and other team members to develop appropriate pain and symptom management.
- Completes nursing assessments and admissions of patients.
- Maintains the clinical record to meet federal, state, and agency regulations and guidelines.
- Supervises hospice aides and certified nurse aides, making a supervisory visit at least every 14 days, and face to face at least monthly.
- Assumes all on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs, team conferences, and staff meetings.
- Provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients/families as outlined in the plan of care.
- Participates in the development of the patient/family interdisciplinary care plan.
- For patients residing in a skilled nursing facility, the RN Case Manager will have responsibility for managing the patients symptoms related to the terminal illness.
- Verify by patients visit and review of documentation that the caregivers in the SNF are carrying out the plan of care as written.
- Have ultimate responsibility for developing and integrating the plan of care with the hospice team and the SNF team to assure one integrated plan of care that reflects the hospice philosophy.
- For patients receiving private home care services, the RN Case manager shall supervise the certified nursing aide, sitters, and companion services assigned to patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DHS or the Administrator.
Qualifications MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A thorough understanding of Hospice Regulations (federal, state, and local government).
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Commitment to the Hospice concept and standards.
- Ability to interact with a variety of different age groups.
- Participate in agency surveys and any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, as required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory inservices.
- Honor patients/residents rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
A minimum of one year RN experience is desirable.
Hospice or Home Care experience is preferred. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Currently licensed as an RN in the states where you will provide care.
Must have current drivers license and valid automobile liability insurance.
Must have certification in basic life support CPR. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
- Ability to work effectively independently and within an interdisciplinary team
- Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring demeanor.Answers questions when appropriate in a professional manner.
Nursing Primary Location
1st Shift Job Posting
Jul 26, 2022, 6:28:58 PM Req ID:
PruittHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its personnel practices against its partners or qualified applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a protected veteran.