Are you looking to work for a high-energy, fast-paced company that fosters a team environment? Do you want to work where you will be respected and valued for what you contribute? An organization with a long history in the community for over 100 years! Well, you found it. Sherloq Solutions is looking for YOU to become the next member of our team.
This position is responsible for leading daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing various general ledger entries, account and bank reconciliations. This position will maintain the general ledger system and accounts, provide assistance in preparing monthly and annual financial statements, and required regulatory reports as needed. Ability to prepare process and analyze financial information proficiently throughout company's accounting processes and systems. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately prepare assigned journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Prepare investment and trust account entries and analysis
- Integrate and be proficient in the daily duties and operations of the accounting department
- Review and analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Organize and maintain a variety of technical accounting analyses, procedures, and policies
- Assist with the monthly and annual closings, meeting timelines and deadlines timely
- Collaborate with the CFO to develop relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key financial metrics, and actual spend against budgets/outlook
- Assist in the preparation and review of GAAP, and regulatory financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Monitoring cash flows and forecasting cash requirements
- Play a key role in system upgrades and process design, data migration, testing and training
- Assist with various special projects as necessary
- Solid technology and analytical abilities (Great Plains and Excel skills required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer service mindset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Proven problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and time-management skills
- Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
- Possess a thorough knowledge of general ledger and reporting systems
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Two (2) years of recent relevant financial experience
- Strong general ledger, investment, bank, and trust account reconciliation experience
- Financial statements consolidation experience required
- Month-end and fiscal year end closing experience preferred
We value our employees and offer amazing benefits, including medical Insurance, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation and paid-time-off (PTO), eight paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement as well as life, dental, and supplemental insurance. Our plans are designed to be both valuable and affordable. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
We are proud to be an EOE/AA Employer - (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran) -
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!