Fleet Controller needed - Streamline search are currently representing a forward-thinking transport business that provide truck rental and contract services. They are now looking for a Fleet Controller to join their fast-paced operation.
The role will be to ensure that the fleet is in best possible order whilst ensuring compliance with all current legislation.
Fleet Controller - Position Overview
- Highlight specific issues to the Fleet Operations Manager, particularly with fleet management issues and maintenance costs.
- Liaise with external repair agents on work carried out on fleet vehicles, using an effective order number process, and exercising appropriate control over costs.
- Deal with any invoicing queries and ensure that order numbers are effectively closed in a timely manner.
- To keep regular contact with your accounts and associated external repair agents.
- Support the Fleet Operations Manager in effective management of customer relationships and be confident to produce clear reports to support effective communication and negotiation with customers, suppliers and third party agents.
- Ensuring third party agents comply with the agreed service level agreements (SLAs).
- Managing compliance data in line with the company key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure incoming calls are answered quickly, confidently, effectively, and professionally at all times.
- Maintain accurate vehicle service history records
- Manage breakdowns from beginning to end, whilst ensuring great communication and aptitude
Fleet Controller - Position Requirements
- To be a passionate and collaborative worker, always seeking thoughts and opinions from both colleagues and customers, multi-tasking whilst under pressure will be essential.
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages, including Excel and Word, and experience of using in house software systems.
- A keen eye for detail
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- A good understanding of fleet and transport management
Fleet Controller - Position Remuneration
- Salary £26,000 to £29,000
- Hours - Mon-Fri - 08:00 to 17:30
- Holiday - 20 days plus bank
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension
- Quarterly social events
Streamline Search are acting as an agency for this vacancy.