At EY, youll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And were counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. Finance and Accounting Technology Consultant - Senior Consulting Location Open The opportunity
You will be a part of the US Tech Consulting - Finance and Accounting Technology team, an innovative and collaborative group of business and technology consultants who are dedicated to support clients Finance Automation, Controls & Governance agenda by supporting business process led implementation of technology systems such as BlackLine, Oracle ARCS, Trintech, OneStream RCM, etc. At EY, you will help our clients, some of the most influential companies, explore emergent applications and transform the way the Finance and Accounting teams manage their financial close and reconciliations processes.
Recognizing the changing and fast-paced professional world, a successful Senior will work with our clients to transform their business problems into technology solutions that enable automation, efficiency and time savings. The focus is to help our clients enhance the operating effectiveness of the Finance, Accounting and Operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from manual processing and reporting to more value add and value driven activities coupled with decision support and analytics. Your key responsibilities
You will support the engagement team with the following:
Skills and attributes for success
- Understanding and evaluating current state of processes associated with finance management and internal controls including the financial close, end to end intercompany and controls monitoring
- Operational process redesign of financial processes identify process challenges across EYs seven operating model dimensions and collaborate with other practice areas of EY to bring unified solutions to our clients
- Implement key components of unified intercompany process solutions including technology and process redesign
- Assisting with Finance technology solution design, configuration, testing and deployment (e.g. BlackLine, Oracle ARCS, Trintech, OneStream RCM, etc.)
- Aligning and re-defining business processes and identifying additional improvement opportunities to enhance the Finance and Accounting functions
- Developing client relationships and project management
You will ideally will have previous exposure in supporting business process and technology aspects of Finance Transformation programs in areas such as general ledgers, sub-ledgers, financial close and reconciliation management, intercompany processing and settlement. You will possess excellent communication skills and an inclination to bond with our clients to provide an outstanding service delivery experience. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, youll also have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately two to three years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately two years of related work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in supporting the following Finance Management business processes:
- Record to Report (R2R), Order to Cash (OTC) Processes
- Financial Statement Close Processes
- Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Operations/Technology
- Performance Management and Measurement (KPIs, business metrics etc.)
- Journals processing
- Intercompany Processing, Clearing and Settlements
- Consolidations and Elimination Processes
- Variance/Fluctuation Analysis and Transaction Matching
- 2+ years of system implementation experience (requirements gathering through deployment) in any of the following tools:
- BlackLine (Account Reconciliations, Transaction Matching, Variance Analysis, Intercompany Hub etc.)
- Trintech (Cadency, ReconNet etc.)
- Oracle (ARCS, FCCS, FCM, etc.)
- Other tools including OneStream, Frontier, TLM etc.
- Experience in analyzing process challenges and implementing operational process improvement
- Ability to convert technical accounting/organization requirements and current state procedures into improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to lead client meetings, drive work products development and coach and guide junior team members
- Support client proposals, Proof Of Concepts (PoC) developments and RFPs
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-70%
What we look for
- Graduate degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field
- Experience in corporate consolidations, intercompany reconciliation, remediation of complex reconciliation issues and oversight of processing/clearing intercompany transactions
- Passionate about technology, applying it to business solutions and helping our clients with automation and improved governance goals
We look for the individual who has the ability to adapt and willing to collaborate in dynamic circumstances. You will be proactive and have the dedication and commitment to drive project goals and guide junior team members.
FY23NATDNA What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where youll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, youll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. Youll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. Its yours to build. EY Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: Youll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: Well provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: Well give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: Youll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EYs Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at .