Job Title: Fees Administrator (Legal Services)
Salary: £21,000-£28,000, dependent upon experience.
Job type: Full Time, 09:00 - 17:30.
Exchange Chambers is an award-winning, progressive, full service set of Barristers' chambers in Liverpool, Manchester, and Leeds with a proven track record in all major areas of law. We are one of the largest and well-resourced Chambers in England and Wales. This allows us to provide an unparalleled level of service and cover.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa's at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK
We are seeking to recruit a Fees Administrator in our Manchester office to be part of the Fees Team with responsibility for the collection and recovery of the Barrister's fees.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients to enable recovery of Barrister's fees.
- To consult closely with Barristers in relation to fees and individual aged debt.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with requests for fee reductions.
- Ensuring that all negotiations and outcomes are recorded accurately on Chambers management system.
- Issuing receipts and statements to Solicitors and dealing with general enquiries by telephone and email.
- When required, consulting with external Solicitors to recover debt through the legal process.
- Preparation of annual taxation reports for members.
- Prior experience is preferable but not essential.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm, patient, and flexible approach to work in a busy environment.
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure all financial information is accurately recorded and up to date.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Holidays 22 to 25 days per year subject to experience
- Pension schemes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
At Exchange Chambers we are committed to promoting equal opportunities for all, including members, pupils, employees and applicants to Chambers. We do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability, age, religion, belief, neurodivergence, or indeed, on any other ground.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Office Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Admin, Administrator, Admin, Fees Clerk, Fees Support, Fees Admin, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, PA may also be considered for this role.