A Full Service Broker Dealer is hiring an Equity Risk Officer to join their team in the New York City area. The firm provides Treasury Repo, Equity Finance, Execution, and Clearing services.
This hire will serve as the core risk manager for the brand new clearing and correspondent clearing side of the business. The focus will initially be on equities, and the firm plans to expand into equity options within the next few months.
This is a newly created role within the firm to cover a brand new business line. They would like this to grow into a CRO and build out the risk and analytics function over time to support overall growth.
The firm primarily deals with other broker dealers, hedge funds, prop trading desks, and day trading with their counterparties.
- Set and enforce risk limits across the desk
- Establish and enhance portfolio margin requirements for clients
- Calculate, overlay, and monitor day trading margin limits in addition to RegT margin
- Participate in margin calls in extreme circumstances and intervene in risk/position close out situations
- 4+ years of market/counterparty risk experience
- Equity and equity options product knowledge required
- Experience with portfolio margin methodology, VaR calculations, and counterparty credit risk metrics/calculation
- Familiarity with Sterling Risk + Margin software is a plus