This is an exciting Digital Developer opportunity to work across all aspects of the software development lifecycle supporting and delivering high quality software changes across our systems and platforms.About the role
- You will be writing and modifying software to a high standard and consistently deliver on your own User Story commitments
- Attending daily scrum calls and internal meetings, working collaboratively with the wider scrum team
- You will be part of testing and debugging of code, correcting errors, and re-test to achieve error-free results.
- You should be documenting work in accordance with agreed internal standard including GUNIT test coverage
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 2-5 years practical experience working as a developer in an agile team, supporting and developing enterprise level applications.
- Current experience with ReactJS workflows like Flux, Redux, Create React App, data structure libraries is desirable
- A good understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Java/JVM languages are advantageous
- Knowledge of a Test-driven approach including exposure to either TDD or BDD would be a strong advantage
- Experience of, or Exposure to Guidewire Insurance Suite, or Digital products would be an advantage
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct
- Flexible working opportunities
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension (10% company matching)
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays, health care cash plan, dental plan and cycle to work
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.