TeamRetail & Business Banking
LocationBristol Contact Centre
Are you ambitious and career-driven? Do you thrive on delivering an exceptional customer experience? Would you like to work for a Bank that is revolutionising the industry? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
At Metro Bank we are looking for Customer Service Advisors who can provide professional and amazing customer service to our retail customers over the phone. We will give you fantastic training and support so that you can surprise and delight our customers on every call. We also support all colleagues through the 'Professional Banking Certificate' an amazing qualification that is industry recognised by the Chartered Banking Institute. You will also have access to Metro Bank University which supports the training and development of all our colleagues - and with our ambitious growth targets, it can be a big chance for truly exciting career progression!
In return, we will make sure that you are well-rewarded by offering you a competitive salary, annual bonus, hybrid working and a wide range of benefits, including generous holiday allowance, attractive pension scheme, healthcare, and a number of colleague discounts.
So what will you be doing...?
• Providing fantastic service and support to our customers over the phone
• Be a representative of the Metro Bank brand
• Advising our customers on all types of queries such as: balance enquiries, payments, internet banking, card management, using our mobile app
• Updating all of our systems, making sure you attend to every detail and record all conversations with 100% accuracy
• Following the correct processes to make sure our customers are safe
• Living and breathing our amazing behaviours, and being a great team player
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of customer service and convenience
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You'll need to be able to balance building relationships with your customers with attention to detail - we are a bank after all!
• Be 100% flexible to work a variety of shift patterns over the seven days Metro Bank are open
• Right from the start, we'll give you full training and great support so you don't need previous experience of finance or banking, but you must have experience of delivering outstanding customer service
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!