Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
The Credit Analyst II is primarily responsible for partnering with Portfolio Managers, supporting the daily duties of underwriting and monitoring credit while performing analytical activities and identifying risks or issues as needed. In addition, a successful Credit Analyst II will be able to draft documents and prepare for credit reviews with limited support from the Portfolio Managers. The Credit Analyst II is knowledgeable on financial and risk analysis and demonstrates proficiency in financial modeling. The Credit Analyst II is expected to build proficiency in underwriting, developing the ability to complete the underwriting process from beginning to end with limited oversight. Additionally, the Credit Analyst II will attend and support Portfolio Reviews as needed.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Portfolio Managers in credit and underwriting, performing analytical tasks as needed
- Use critical thinking to identify and draft documentation
- Responsible for regularly completing indicative credit information into Banking Systems with little to no errors
- Responsible for preparing risk-rating scorecard and tickler event analysis and determining actions based on results working in collaboration with PM's
- Responsible for developing risk models and advising PMs of unforeseen obstacles that may impede meeting client expectations
- Identify and determine monitoring analysis activities required
- Verify covenants and define updates needed on ticklers
- Monitor covenant completion and track past due or out of compliance covenants and recommend appropriate course of action
- Responsible for assessing covenant compliance reporting and identifying issues
- Review covenant compliance certificates to understand performance and determine actions
- Update financial covenants and calculations as needed
- Run Probability of Default (PD) model with oversight
- Responsible for understanding and evaluating completed spreads to determine necessary edits working in collaboration with the CCU team
- Responsible for identifying and recommending preliminary portfolio management actions using Credit Service reporting and RADAR with some oversight
- Prepares ALSR reports with oversight
- Responsible for running risk and projection models with oversight assumptions provided
- Responsible for completing underwriting process with limited oversight
- Create and complete a CAM with little to no errors
- Review and re-write renewals for deals of limited complexity
- Responsible for portfolio analysis and the development for Portfolio Reviews in preparation for client meetings
- Support Portfolio Managers and special projects
- Takes appropriate remedial actions to resolve deficiencies and escalates questions/disputes to appropriate level when necessary.
- May assist with training of new employees.
- May work on special projects as assigned by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Business (e.g. Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting)
- Sound Financial and risk analysis understanding, including the ability to develop financial models
- Extensive Knowledge of banking products and services
- Knowledge of corporate business structure and legal documents
- General knowledge of U.S. government and regulation
- Knowledge of the local or regional market preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in internal banking applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in using effective problem solving and analytical skills with ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like
- Minimal travel required
Credit Analyst II - TMT (Technology, Media, Telecom)
LOCATION -- Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.