Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Austin, TX (Texas); Bakersfield, CA (California); Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana); Birmingham, AL (Alabama); Boise, ID (Idaho); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Buffalo, NY (New York); Canonsburg, PA (Pennsylvania); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Chicago, IL (Illinois); Cincinnati, OH (Ohio); Cleveland, OH (Ohio); Columbia, SC (South Carolina); Columbus, OH (Ohio); Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Dallas, TX (Texas); Deerfield Beach, FL (Florida); Denver, CO (Colorado); Detroit, MI (Michigan); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Durham, NC (North Carolina); Edina, MN (Minnesota); Edison, NJ (New Jersey); Ellicott City, MD (Maryland); Fayetteville, SC (South Carolina); Florence, SC (South Carolina); Fort Lauderdale, FL (Florida); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Fort Worth, TX (Texas); Gainsville, FL (Florida); Glen Allen, VA (Virginia); Glendale, CA (California); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Greenwood Village, CO (Colorado); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Houston, TX (Texas); Huntsville, AL (Alabama); Indianapolis, IN (Indiana); Irvine, CA (California); Jacksonville, FL (Florida); Johnson City, TN (Tennessee); Kansas City, KS (Kansas); La Jolla, CA (California); Lexington, KY (Kentucky); Los Angeles, CA (California); Louisville, KY (Kentucky); Lutherville, MD (Maryland); Madison, WI (Wisconsin); Memphis, TN (Tennessee); Miami, FL (Florida); Milwaukee, WI (Wisconsin); Minneapolis, MN (Minnesota); Nashville, TN (Tennessee); New York, NY (New York); None; Norwood, OH (Ohio); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Orlando, FL (Florida); Palm Desert, CA (California); Paramus, NJ (New Jersey); Parsippany, NJ (New Jersey); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Pittsburgh, PA (Pennsylvania); Plano, TX (Texas); Plymouth Meeting, PA (Pennsylvania); Portland, ME (Maine); Portland, OR (Oregon); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Raleigh, NC (North Carolina); Richmond, VA (Virginia); Rochester, NY (New York); Rockville, MD (Maryland); Rolling Meadows, IL (Illinois); Rye Brook, NY (New York); Sacramento, CA (California); Salt Lake City, UT (Utah); San Antonio, TX (Texas); San Diego, CA (California); San Francisco, CA (California); San Ramon, CA (California); Schaumburg, IL (Illinois); Scottsdale, AZ (Arizona); Seattle, WA (Washington); Southfield, MI (Michigan); St. Louis, MO (Missouri); Syosset, NY (New York); Tampa, FL (Florida); Toledo, OH (Ohio); Tupelo, MS (Mississippi); US All Regions; US Midwest; US Northeast; US Southeast; US Southwest; US West; Vienna, VA (Virginia); Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia); Walnut Creek, CA (California); Washington, DC (District of Columbia); Westlake Village, CA (California); White Plains, NY (New York); Windsor, CT (Connecticut); Woodmere, OH (Ohio); Work from Home Work Arrangement:
Work from Home Relocation assistance:
: is not available for this opportunity. Pay Range:
$63,100 - $137,900 Bonus Potential: Requisition #:
69780 The Role at a Glance:
As a Consultant I, you will consult, analyze, and deliver on more complex assignments/projects within the Underwriting function. You will also act as a resource to internal/external stakeholders. You will independently assess more complex & higher value financial risks related to insurance products, determine price at which LFG will accept risks, alter coverage plans/levels based on risk & pricing, and bind LFG in transactions for insurance products. You will determine whether to accept or reject a risk based upon their analysis of the customers information. What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for: Must-haves:
- Reviews more complex new business and renewal requests for proposals/ coverage(s) for Life and Disability product lines in the Regional segment with 1,000 to 5,000 lives.
- Recommends potential modifications in more complex coverage(s) and/or coverage levels on insurance products based on customer's price range.
- Adds more complex amendments/ACRs for their assigned lines of coverage and segment(s).
- Analyzes more complex customer data & information to independently determine the price, within a wider range of authority, at which to accept the risks posed by sales.
- Negotiates more complex benefits & pricing on non-experienced rated & experienced rated cases with brokers & representatives.
- Analyzes financial health, performance, operations, and personnel levels of customers to determine if additional safeguards or conditions should be included in pricing and risk assessment.
- Independently determines if requests for coverage should be rejected based on their risk assessment.
- Binds LFG in financial transactions within their scope of authority by committing LFG to provide insurance coverage at their determined rates.
- Independently prepares and determines coverage & pricing proposals, renewals, amendments through analysis of customer data & information received from quote requests from brokers & marketing representatives.
- Liaises with operational teams to ensure accurate preparation of plans with appropriate coverage level(s) & pricing.
- Meets with brokers and sales teams to develop relationships, discuss target markets and potential pricing approaches to expand market share.
- Adheres to departmental and compliance documentation & reporting requirements.
- Assists with other assignments/projects as needed during peak and off-season.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality.
Whats it like to work here?
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 3+ Years of group life and/or disability underwriting experience directly aligned to the specific responsibilities for this role. (Required)
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future. Whats in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits ()
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work from home and are not required to work in a Lincoln office on a regular basis. Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
Prior work or industry experience.
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
Unique skills About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes
magazine as well as one of Newsweeks
Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive () environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion..... click apply for full job details