The Construction and Engineering Group in Manchester is expanding rapidly and we are currently looking to recruit a Lawyer with 2-8 years' PQE into our busy team.
We have an unrivalled reputation in acting for employers, funders, project companies, contractors, consultants and insurers. We act for over half of the UK's top 50 contractors, a large number of the top contractors worldwide and an impressive range of private and public sector clients.Our construction and engineering team act across the sectors including infrastructure and energy (nuclear, renewables, conventional and oil and gas), property, waste, education, transport and health.
Key clients include:
- Sellafield Limited
- Cayman Islands Government
- Yap? Merkezi ?n?aat ve Sanayi A.?.
- Ministry of Justice
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland
- Eiffage Génie Civil, Kier Infrastructure and Overseas Limited
- Ferrovial Construction Limited
- BAM Nuttall Limited
- Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council and Hampshire County Council
- London Borough of Wandsworth
- London Borough of Harrow
- MSC Cruises SA
- Scottish Power
- EDF Energy
- Ministry of Justice
- Advising Sellafield Limited in relation to over £15bn of capital projects at its nuclear decommissioning site in Cumbria, by far the largest and most complex nuclear site in the UK.
- Advising the Cayman Islands Government ("CIG") in connection with its: (i) $50m east-to-west corridor arterial access road and associated infrastructure works in Grand Cayman (the "EW Project"); and (ii) $300m 30 year Design Build Finance Maintain cruise and cargo berthing facility and associated infrastructure works at George Town Port (the "Cruise and Cargo Project").
- Advising Yap? Merkezi ?n?aat ve Sanayi A.? on major rail infrastructure projects that demonstrate our leadership in high profile, high value, significant projects with innovative finance structures, and our commitment to Africa, where we have 40 years of experience across more than 40 countries
- With 2-8 years' PQE the successful applicant will have a strong grounding in construction work. The team's pipeline is such that the opportunity would best suit a candidate well versed in infrastructure and energy related transactional construction work.
- This candidate may have the opportunity of exposure to both construction and projects work so experience and flexibility in that regard is an advantage.
- Have gained experience in a large commercial firm or in-house legal team;
- Be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- Be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- Have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
- The role is wide-ranging, will focus on and include:
- Developing on-going relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
- Developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- The opportunity to be involved in work in the very best national and international construction work.
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best in class" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
If you're interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Orianna Lister for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful.