Location: US - Hybrid - Minneapolis MN or Maryland/DC area We give you a world of potential
We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Client & External Audit Analyst.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world's leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers. A role you will love
The role will deliver Client & External Audit initiatives ensuring quality of client and external engagements surrounding products and services throughout the North America region.
It will coordinate external audit activities with our external audit partners including but not limited to; oversight and liaising with clients, external audit parties and internal management and staff to develop and deliver audit samples populations, evidence and responses to inquiries. Primary Accountabilities
What will you bring to the role?
- Support the planning and facilitation of on-site client visits in relation to external audits
- Satisfy client assurance requests through the completion and delivery of client questions and requests for information (RFI) in relation to internal controls.
- Manage the process for scoping, tracking and reporting all external and client engagement, hours, findings and action plans
- Communicate effectively and confidently throughout the business and with Computershare's external auditors, when needed.
- Work collaboratively with C&E team members globally, to support the timely delivery of the global C&E workload and to identify & adopt best practices
- Be a supporter of change, including identifying enhancement opportunities and challenging the status quo, to improve the operation of the Audit function
The Client & External Audit Analyst will directly serve as a liaison between our internal and external clients. This will involve excellent communication skills, organizational skills and acute time management. The role may also involve supporting continuous improvement projects/teams which will vary in scope and size.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience within a professional service and/or regulated working environment
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients to deliver effective outcomes
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with stakeholders across different business units, locations as well as external clients
- Previous experience of partnering with business stakeholders, with the ability to work with a range of colleagues in the organisation
- Experience of delivering against defined goals and targets
- Experience of positively embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Experience of working within set processes, policies & procedures
- Experience of analysing internal and external data
- Problem solving skills with the ability to read, analyze and interpret information and investigate where necessary
A company to be proud of
- Experience of supporting continuous improvement of process, systems and policies
- Experience in managing small to medium scale projects with demonstrated success
- Conversant with IT control frameworks (e.g., ISO27002)
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP) / Certified Security Auditor (CISA) / Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent experience
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 40,000 clients. At Computershare, it's more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. Rewards designed for you Employee Share Plan.
Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you'll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares. Health and Wellbeing.
Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family. Save for Your Future.
We will support you along your retirement savings journey. Paid time away from work.
Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you. Employee Discounts.
We've partnered with other organizations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation and days out as well as with many big brand shops. Extra Rewards.
From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options. A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us at detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Covid-secure
We've kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment.
In most circumstances we are currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.