Common Man Roadside is HIRING! Come join our exciting team, we have lots of opportunities open we are looking for cooks, cashiers, baristas, and managers!
We know you have lots of options when choosing a place to work, so let us tell you what sets US apart in the Uncommon Family:
- Flexible hours and schedules, part-time or full-time!
- Opportunities for career development
- No experience necessary, we will train the right individuals
- FREE shift meals, and discounts at our locations and affiliates
- Discounts on thousands of products including HP & Verizon
- Competitive benefits packages offered including health, PTO, and 401k with company match
- Incentives that can be earned by providing exceptional service to our guests
- We celebrate our people! Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and special achievements
- Paid volunteer hours so you can DO GOOD for your community!
- Employee referral bonus and incentive bonuses!
Our company minimum for Full-Time employees is $15/hour. Actual payrate is dependent on experience.
Cashiers aim to provide friendly and efficient service to the customers of the General Store. To collect cash payments from customers and make change, and charging purchases to customers credit or debit cards and providing them with a receipt. To help maintain a fully stocked general store and clean working environment. Position Responsibilities
: Provide Excellent Customer Service:
Handle cash flow responsibly:
- To greet customers as they walk in the store.
- React appropriately and positively to all customers needs and requests.
- Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
- Ensure top notch and friendly customer service.
- Proficiently request and check for appropriate age identification.
- Use of Point of Sale (POS) system to complete customer sales.
- Responsible for counting drawer at beginning and end of shift and documenting over/shortage.
- Other functions as deemed necessary by circumstance.
Maintain a stocked and clean working environment:
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new merchandise when needed.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be replenished.
- Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- Bag and stock ice as needed.
- To know all emergency fuel procedures.
- Ensure safe use of all equipment on premise.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, bend and reach to stock shelves.
- Must be able to lift/ carry packages up to thirty pounds.